- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs (5)
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents (5)
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients (9)
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid (14)
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs (17)
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers (3)
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs (13)
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers (6)
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women (3)
- Drug Treatment For Women (10)
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men (8)
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders (9)
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (8)
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients (6)
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare (5)
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance (13)
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance (6)
- Hospital Inpatient Programs (1)
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs (1)
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees (8)
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance (3)
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients (1)
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients (2)
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children (1)
- Transitional Living (1)
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians (1)
Map of Coeur D Alene, Idaho
Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
Drug and alcohol detoxification is one of the first steps in the treatment process toward recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. The goal of drug detox is minimize and manage drug or alcohol withdrawal symptoms in a medically safe setting. Keep in mind, drug detox is not designed to be the only treatment one receives when it comes to addiction recovery. It is solely intended to help the individual physically adjust to living without drugs. Attending a drug rehabilitation program is the next step in recovering from addiction.
Drug detoxification is the first step of all effective rehab and treatment programs. Until a person is mentally and physically stabilized, they are not prepared to participate in the treatement methods and counseling utilized by drug treatment centers. Most treatment centers have their own detox facilities on site while some others have affiliations with detox programs for their patients to use.
There are licensed drug and alcohol detox centers in most areas of the United States. Some are located in hospitals or clinics while others are privately run. Depending on the medications being abused, detox can sometimes be done on an outpatient basis under a doctor's care. However, for most people detox is best accomplished on an inpatient basis. Never try to detox from alcohol or other drugs without professional medical assistance.
The term detoxification covers all aspects of the individual's withdrawal and purification from drugs. The removal of drug residuals is the key goal in drug detox. Without this process, drug residues can remain in the body and cause cravings for years after drug use has ceased. A vital step in successful drug detoxification as well as drug rehabilitation is flushing out these accumulated toxic residues so that the individual no longer experiences unwanted adverse effects from the drugs they have taken.
Local and Nearby Listings For Coeur D Alene, Idaho