Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-888-607-1366. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
A craving can best be described as an intense desire for a particular thing. A craving that is associated with addiction is an abnormally strong craving that results in the compulsive seeking and use of a substance, even in the face of negative consequences. Cravings are the central motivators in drug addiction, and can be extremely difficult to control without the support of a drug treatment program. When an addict experiences a craving for a drug, there life becomes centered on obtaining and using the drug. Nothing can outweigh a drug craving as a motivator, even the threat of personal loss or incarceration. Many addicts that have experienced cravings have committed crimes and even abandoned their children to access drugs.
Signals called cues can be sounds, smell, sights or thoughts that can activate the brains "go" circuits which can in turn create cravings. Cravings for drugs and alcohol can be stronger than any other type, including those that are experienced in the desire for food or sex. Cravings are a typical experience in the drug recovery process. Because drug cravings are intense and frequent during the detox process, it should always take place at a treatment facility as a part of a complete rehab program. Drug or alcohol cravings can be both physical and psychological and can be accompanied by feelings of anxiousness. The physical symptoms that can occur due to this anxiety can include palpitations, rapid breathing and obsessive thoughts about needing the substance to alleviate the discomfort. If a person does not have the support of a drug treatment program during the detox process, the defense mechanism of denial will kick in, serving the purpose of distorting reality about the addiction, and the individual will more than likely reach for the drug and the addiction will resume. In a drug treatment program with a high rate of success in treating addiction, an individual will receive support and counseling during the detox process. This support will go a long way in helping them to effectively deal with the cravings and to finally be free of the drug addiction.
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance