Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-877-275-7054. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
Alcohol and Drug Detox Programs
With so many alcohol and drug detoxification centers, choosing the right one can be a bit of a problem - especially if you don't know what to look for. However, the main thing you should remember is that selecting to take part in detoxification is typically the initial step you need to make to begin the journey that will enable you to overcome your drug and alcohol abuse issue and drug addiction and ensure that you lead a healthier life free of harmful alcohol and drugs.
You should also know that according to NIDA (the National Institute on Drug Abuse), those who complete their stay in an alcohol and drug detox center are more likely to proceed to a drug abuse program, where they can finally:
- Have less issues with the law
- Experience fewer relapses
- Enjoy better relationships with coworkers, friends, and loved ones
- Achieve sobriety
As you search for the correct drug and alcohol detoxification programs, however, you should know that drug addiction always comes with the risk of relapse 'much in the same way] chronic conditions like diabetes and arthritis can recur.However], theright]detoxification]center] will give you ahead] start andprotect] you against relapse.
What IsAlcohol And Drug]Detox]?
Detoxification,otherwise] known as detox, refers to the process ofeliminating] all traces ofdrugs and/or alcohol] from the body whileat the same time] managing the withdrawal symptomswhich occur] when you stopusing] these substances.
Abusing alcohol and certaindrugs]might] cause your body tobecome physically dependent on] these substances. When youstop using] themabruptly], youmay]experience a] withdrawal syndrome, which mayprove - in some instances - to be] life threatening. The only safe way toquit], therefore, is throughdetox].
Thecorrect]alcohol and drug]detox]facilities], therefore, can help:
The main reason why youmay] needalcohol and drug]detox]facilities] isdue to] withdrawal symptoms. This isbecause]stopping]alcohol or drug] use can cause uncomfortable and sometimes]] - dangerous withdrawal symptoms. At adetoxification]center], youshould be able to] manage andalleviate] these symptoms inan environment] that is safe and comfortable.
Inthe majority of]instances], these symptoms maybegin] 12 hours after your last use ofdrugs/alcohol] and - for thethe majority of] part - resolvefully] in about 2 weeks. However, youmight]struggle with] more persistent withdrawal thatmay] last fora few] months.
- Back pain
- Clammy skin
- Joint pain
- Mood swings
- Muscle aches
- Panic attacks
How ToChoose] TheRight]Alcohol And Drug]Detoxification]Centers]
Whileevaluating]different]drug and alcohol]detox]centers], some of the factorsto be considered] include the quality of thedetoxification]center], the training of thestaff members], and the ability of theprogram] to cater to yourspecific] needs and preferences.
To help you find thecorrect]program],make sure] you ask the following questions and get theright], satisfactory answers:
- Are therehabilitation] anddetox] methods you use evidence based?
- Do youwork with] insurance? Which types of insurance?
- Does thisfacility]provide] medication assisteddetox]?
- Does thisprogram] develop and provide individualizeddetox] andrehabilitation] plans?
- Does thisfacility] have aftercare plans in place?
- Is yourcenter] accredited? Are you listed on the SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) website?
- Whatdrug and alcohol addictions] do youaddress]?
- What is theaverage]patient] to staff ratio at any given time?
- What qualifications, licenses, and credentials do thestaff] (substance abuse counselors, mental health counselors, social workers, psychologists, nurses, and medical doctors) have?
What Happens AtAlcohol And Drug]Detoxification]Centers]?
After arriving at thealcohol and drug]detox] center, you willundergo] the intake process. Here, a therapistwill be assigned to] help you work on yourdetox] and recovery.
At thisstage],you may be asked] questionsrelating to] yourdrug/alcohol] history, prior use, and any family history ofaddiction]. Asmuch] as possible,make sure] that you answer asfully] and as honestly as you can tomake sure] you get themost ideal] care.
Inmost]cases],detoxifying] from opiates, alcohol and otherdrugs] will take anywhere fromseveral days] to a couple of weeks depending on:
- If yousuffer from] a co-occurringdisorder]
- The severity of yoursubstance use] anddrug and alcohol addiction]
- Whether youare exhibiting] the signs of polysubstance abuse
- Youroverall] state of health
Opiate addicts and alcoholicstypically]take part in] medically assisteddetoxification] to help themdeal with] severe withdrawal andlessen] their cravings. Depending on the individualtreatment] plancreated] for you, thedetoxification]professionals] may use thesemedications] alone or with othertreatments] to help you get through thedetoxification]stage] and make progress with recovery.
Last but not least, thealcohol and drug]detox]centers] mayprovide] sleep aids, non-opioidpainkillers], nutritional supplements, and other supportiveremedies] tohandle] all medical issuesassociated with] withdrawal - in case theybecome a problem].
Overall,irrespective] of thedrug and alcohol]detoxification]centers] youselect],you can be sure] that the programsprovided] can help youbegin] yourpath] tototal] sobriety and recovery fromaddiction] anddrug and alcohol abuse]issue]s. This is why it isvery] important toensure] that youchoose] thecorrect] oneaccording to your] particular needs and preferences.
Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers by State
Select a State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance