Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-877-275-7054. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Drug Rehab Centers For Men
Drug Treatment Centers For Men
Drug and alcohol rehab facilities for men primarily focuses on the specific rehab needs that most men have while struggling with alcoholism and drug addiction. This is because addiction tends to work differently for men and women. As such, rehabilitation for it should address all these peculiarities while focusing on the problems that men typically run into while trying to battle substance use disorders.
For instance, addicted men tend to experience social and cultural pressure as well as emotional issues that are different from those women undergo. Additionally, men tend to deal with problems, traumas, and issues differently than women.
This is because men and women are different in how they communicate, act, and think. As such, drug and alcohol treatment facilities for men are structured to specifically work for men in ways that can increase the chances of full rehab, recovery, and sobriety.
Understanding Alcohol And Drug Treatment Centers For Men
The NHSDU (National Household Survey on Drug Abuse) reports that men are twice as likely as women to abuse drugs. Additionally, men are more likely than women to use hard drugs and alcohol like heroin, hallucinogens, cocaine, and methamphetamines.
Likewise, research indicates that drugs and alcohol affect women and men differently. On the physical level, men tend to process intoxicating substances differently while on the psychological level they confront different gender-specific triggers and social challenges.
To this end, although not every rehab center is separated according to gender, some drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs provide separate recovery resources designed specifically for men with addiction.
These programs are designed to offer integrative and comprehensive treatments that can help men heal themselves - body, mind, and spirit. They also use gender responsive and integrative treatment models that go above and beyond the basic fundamentals of 12 step meetings and abstinence to address different aspects of addiction recovery for men.
Some of the aspects that drug and alcohol rehab programs for men address include but are not limited to:
- Experiential therapy
- Expressive therapy
- Healthy values
- Medical needs
- Neurological health
- Sexual health
- Systemic health
- Trauma-informed care
Importance Of Drug And Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers For Men
When men have the chance to participate in a gender specific rehab program, they are more inclined to remain at the program longer. Research shows that the longer patients stay in rehabilitation, the more likely they are to recover completely and stay away from triggers and relapse.
Therefore, drug treatment programs for men are designed to increase the opportunity for life long sustained sobriety and reduce the rates of relapse among male patients at the treatment facility.
The clinical team at the facility will also meet regularly to discuss the work they do with patients. In certain instances, they observe the following whenever women are not in their presence:
- Are less competitive with other clients
- Develop stronger bonds (of camaraderie)
- Express broader ranges of emotion
- Increase their display of vulnerability
- Support the other clients more readily
- Take better care of other men undergoing therapy and drug and alcohol addiction treatment
- Use less humor as a deflection tactic
When these factors are considered on a whole, they often lead to more reflective, honest, and open rehab experiences for the men who are fighting drug addiction and substance use issues.
Additionally, the men participating in the services tend to open more to each other and share things that they would probably never have thought to verbalize. Likewise, the clients delve deeper into the issues that they wouldn't have thought would apply to them.
Lastly, drug treatment facilities for men eliminate the potential romantic distractions that might be present if there were women present. Although some of the men may be part of the LGBTQ+ community, therapists at these programs indicate that flirtation is not really a problem in single gender rehabilitation environments.
Apart from the above, it is very apparent that men avoid and/or seek rehab for drug for reasons that are different from those women use. To this end, men are generally more inclined to:
- Avoid treatment because they fear it might damage their careers
- Consider that their capacity drink is a measure of their masculinity
- Consider that seeking drug and alcohol rehab is an apparent sign of weakness
- Believe and drug and alcohol addiction without any external assistance/help
- Deny that they have a problem with alcohol and drugs
- Escape rehab because they fear failing their families and dependents
- Feel that they can keep operating normally even while drug and alcohol addicted
- Seek rehabilitation as a result of external factors like interventions, work related consequences, and legal issues
Most of these factors are intertwined in the issue of masculine identity but often lead men to begin rehabilitation much later than they may have otherwise. As a result, they might contribute to the condition getting worse as well as expose the addicted person to increased spiritual, emotional, and physical consequences.
Through drug treatment facilities for men, however, these factors and problems can easily be addressed especially because there won't be women present. In the long term, therefore, this form of rehabilitation often results in better outcomes than if the recovering addicts had opted for another mode of rehab.
How Drug Treatment Facilities For Men Works
The main unifying themes than tend to run through the majority of the aspects of alcohol and drug rehab programs for men include vulnerability and communication. Where women are present, therefore, most men tend to default to their usual behavioral norms and dogmas - which make them appear to be immune to pain, stoic, and strong, and show no emotion or vulnerability.
Because men are are inclined to not show weakness, to act cool, and to try and impress women, they may not benefit from a mixed gender drug and alcohol addiction treatment center.
On the other hand, when they undergo rehab at programs specifically for men, the majority of of them discard their inhibitions and exhibit new forms of bravery. The tend to drop the macho persona and begin admitting that they have a problem they need help with. Others own their fears and start sharing more of their experiences with other men present.
Over time, this tends to be the key that unlocks the doors to sobriety, recovery, and freedom from drugs. At the end of the rehabilitation, the men are able to overcome their problems and address all other underlying issues that might be at the root of their addiction and substance use issues.
Overall, even as you continue struggling with substance abuse, you should keep in mind that help is just around the corner. With drug rehabilitation facilities for men, you no longer need to be concerned that your natural or learned tendencies around women may affect your rehabilitation. Get started with treatment today and find the relief you need from your addiction.
Drug Rehab Centers For Men by State
Select a State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance