Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-866-726-3478. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Drug Rehab Centers For Men
Drug And Alcohol Rehab Programs For Men
Alcohol and drug rehab centers for men mostly focuses on the specific rehab needs that most men have while struggling with alcoholism and drug addiction. This is due to the fact that drug and alcohol addiction tends to affect men and women differently. As such, rehab for it should address all these distinctions while focusing on the problems that men typically run into while trying to battle substance use disorders.
For instance, drug and alcohol addicted men tend to run into social and cultural pressure in addition to emotional issues that are different from those women undergo. In addition, men tend to address obstacles, traumas, and issues in a way that is different from that taken by women.
This is because men and women are different in how they communicate, act, and think. As such, drug rehabilitation programs for men are designed to specifically work for men in ways that can enhance the chances of full treatment, recovery, and sobriety.
Understanding Drug Rehab Centers For Men
The NHSDU (National Household Survey on Drug Abuse) reports that men are twice as likely as women to abuse drugs. Additionally, men are more likely than women to use hard drugs and alcohol like heroin, hallucinogens, cocaine, and methamphetamines.
In the same way, research shows that drugs affect women and men differently. On the physiological level, men tend to process harmful substances in a different way while on the psychological level they confront different gender-specific triggers and social challenges.
To this end, although not every rehabilitation center is separated according to gender, some alcohol and drug rehab facilities provide separate recovery resources designed specifically for men with addiction.
These programs are designed to offer integrative and comprehensive treatments that can help men heal themselves - body, mind, and spirit. They also utilize gender responsive and integrative rehabilitation models that go above and beyond the basic fundamentals of 12 step meetings and abstinence to address different aspects of drug addiction recovery for men.
Some of the aspects that alcohol and drug treatment facilities for men address include but are not limited to:
- Experiential therapy
- Expressive therapy
- Healthy values
- Medical needs
- Neurological health
- Sexual health
- Systemic health
- Trauma-informed care
Importance Of Drug Treatment Facilities For Men
When men have the chance to engage in a gender specific treatment program, they are more likely to stay at the center longer. Research indicates that the longer patients stay in treatment, the more likely they are to recover completely and avoid triggers and relapse.
Therefore, drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities for men are designed to increase the chances for life long sustained sobriety and lower rates of relapse among male patients at the rehabilitation center.
The treatment staff at the center will also meet regularly to discuss the work they do with clients. In some cases, they observe the following whenever women are not in their presence:
- Are less competitive with other clients
- Develop stronger bonds (of camaraderie)
- Express broader ranges of emotion
- Increase their display of vulnerability
- Support the other clients more readily
- Take better care of other men undergoing therapy and drug and alcohol addiction rehabilitation
- Use less humor as a deflection tactic
When these factors are taken as a whole, they often result in more reflective, honest, and open rehab experiences for the men who are fighting drug and alcohol addiction and substance use issues.
In addition, the men participating in the programs tend to be more open with each other and share things that they would otherwise never have thought to verbalize. In the same way, the clients dive deeper into the issues that they wouldn't have thought would apply to them.
Lastly, alcohol and drug rehab centers for men remove the potential romantic distractions that might be present if there were women present. Although some of the men might be part of the LGBTQ+ community, therapists at these programs report that flirtation is not really a problem in single gender treatment environments.
Aside from this, it is clear that men avoid and/or seek treatment for drug for reasons that are different from those women use. To this end, men tend to be more likely to:
- Avoid rehab because they fear it might damage their careers
- Believe that how much they are able to drink is a measure of their masculinity
- Consider that seeking drug rehab is an apparent sign of weakness
- substance use issues and drug addiction without any external assistance/help
- Deny that they have an issue with drugs and alcohol
- Escape treatment because they fear failing their loved ones and dependents
- Feel that they can continue operating normally even while alcohol and drug addicted
- Seek rehabilitation as a result of external factors like interventions, work related consequences, and legal issues
The majority of of these factors are intertwined in the issue of masculine identity but often lead men to begin treatment much later than they may have otherwise. As a result, they might contribute to the condition getting worse as well as expose the addicted person to increased spiritual, emotional, and physical impacts.
Through alcohol and drug rehabilitation centers for men, however, these factors and issues can easily be addressed specifically because there won't be women present. In the long term, therefore, this form of rehab tends to produce better outcomes than if the recovering addicts had opted for another mode of treatment.
How Drug And Alcohol Rehabilitation Programs For Men Works
The main unifying themes than tend to run through most of the aspects of alcohol and drug rehabilitation programs for men include vulnerability and communication. Where women are present, therefore, most men tend to default to their usual behavioral norms and dogmas - which make them appear to be immune to pain, stoic, and strong, and show no emotion or vulnerability.
Because men are easily wired to not show weakness, to act cool, and attempt to impress women, they may not benefit from a mixed gender drug addiction rehab program.
On the other hand, when they undergo rehab at centers specifically for men, the majority of of them discard their inhibitions and show new forms of bravery. The also drop their macho act and begin admitting that there is an issue they need help with. Others own their fears and start sharing more of their experiences with other men present.
Over time, this is often the key that unlocks the doors to sobriety, recovery, and freedom from alcohol and drugs. At the end of the rehab, the men are able to conquer their problems and address all other underlying issues that may be at the root of their addiction and substance use disorders.
Overall, even as you struggle with alcohol and drug abuse, you should keep in mind that help is not far. With drug rehab centers for men, you no longer need to be concerned that your natural or learned behavior around women might affect your treatment. Get started with rehabilitation today and find the relief you need from your addiction.
Drug Rehab Centers For Men by State
Select a State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance