Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-866-726-3478. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
Alcohol And Drug Abuse Day Centers
If you have a family that requires your attention even as you continue looking for rehabilitation for your addiction, then you might find that alcohol and drug abuse day centers are the most ideal for you. This is due to the fact such centers are scheduled in such a way that you can easily return home and get the time to be involved in their family both before and after they undergo rehab.
About Drug And Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
Drug and alcohol abuse day centers are also known as partial hospitalization addiction treatment. They are designed for individuals making the transition from inpatient or residential treatment but who still need support and structure to cope with their addiction and ensure that they do not relapse. The facilities offer a full day of treatment, after which you get to return home (in instance that the environment there is stable) or to a transitional living facility (when their home is not conducive for their rehabilitation).
Most of these facilities also heavily emphasize the importance of practical and emotional support - in both the home and within the community, school, or workplace. In addition, they might require the involvement of the individual's loved ones in the rehabilitation and therapies offered.
The facilities may also provide a number of services and rehab, including but are not limited to:
- 12 step education
- Educational groups
- Family education and counseling
- Individual counseling
- Recovery planning to prevent relapse
- Recreational activities
- Team building
Also known as PHPs (partial hospitalization facilities), drug and alcohol abuse day facilities are a particular type of outpatient drug and alcohol addiction rehabilitation that will cater to you when you require treatment that is on a higher level than most standard outpatient facilities can offer. As such, these facilities will provide you with more extensive medical oversight and treatment options during the day but you won't get to remain at the program overnight.
In the majority of instances, you might be required to attend the center 3 to 5 days per week for close to four to six hours daily - although this might vary from individual to client - while still remaining at home.
These programs are mostly used to help patients step down after completing inpatient rehabilitation. As such, they are a good option if you don't require round the clock supervision but you could still benefit from the higher level of support provided.
How Drug And Alcohol Abuse Day Programs Work
Even prior to rehabilitation, the staff will perform an intake survey to help them produce a personal and unique rehabilitation and treatment plan based on your mental health status (if any) and drug and alcohol addiction.
As a client, you will also get to participate in an intensive recovery program where you will work with different rehabilitation professionals, such as psychiatrists, therapists, social workers, nurses, and physicians.
Many of the treatments typically offered in day facilities include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Aftercare planning for sober living facilities, 12 step facilities, and support groups
- Dual diagnosis or co-occurring rehabilitation
- Group therapy
- Holistic rehabilitation, including music and art therapy, fitness classes, equine therapy, nutrition planning, meditation, and yoga
- Individual counseling
- Medical services
- Prescription management
Duration Of Rehabilitation
For most drug and alcohol abuse day centers, the length of rehabilitation will vary greatly based on the client's unique needs and requirements. Similarly, all PHPs have varying approaches and patients tend to come with unique cases.
When you enroll in such a process, however, you will generally be required to attend rehabilitation daily for around four to six hours before you return home. Upon completion of rehabilitation, you may be transitioned to a traditional outpatient facility where you only have to attend therapy and rehab 1 to 2 times weekly to help maintain your stability, sobriety, and recovery.
Who Needs Alcohol And Drug Abuse Day Facilities?
Some patients are more highly likely to benefit from alcohol and drug abuse day centers than others. In particular, partial hospitalization works best for someone who:
- Has a strong support base back at home
- Has experienced problems with work or school activities
- Has transportation and a stable and safe housing situation
- Requires close medical supervision
- Requires more support than they would get from a standard outpatient treatment program
Paying For Alcohol And Drug Abuse Day Facilities
The cost of these facilities varies significantly depending on how long you undergo rehabilitation and the extent to which your insurer can cover you. Although, the rehab will typically cost less than an inpatient or residential program due to the fact you won't have to pay for room and board.
All insurers work different. However, you should be vigilant to make sure that your company offers some coverage for drug and alcohol abuse day programs particularly now that drug addiction and substance abuse rehabilitation is an important aspect of health care. This means that Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurers are legally required to cover rehab for drug addiction in the same way they cover other mental health and medical disorders.
However, some centers might not accept Medicaid or Medicare, so you may want to look into the right alcohol and drug abuse day facilities for you.
If this is the case, or if insurance isn't available, consider the following choices to pay for your rehabilitation and treatment:
- Getting a payment plan or paying via sliding scale
- Health care credit card
- Home equity loans
- Personal savings
- Specialized loans
Overall, if you are drug and alcohol dependent and/or battling with a drug and/or alcohol addiction or co-occurring mental health disorder, then you might find that alcohol and drug abuse day centers are ideal for you. In the majority of cases, however, these facilities are most ideally suited for clients who have responsibilities at home, school, and/or at their jobs that they have to respond to even as they take part in treatment. The centers work well due to the fact they allow such patients to continue meeting their responsibilities while still getting the rehab treatments they need to conquer their challenges with drugs/alcohol.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs by State
Select a State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance