Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-866-726-3478. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
Alcohol And Drug Abuse Day Centers
If you have a family that requires your attention even as you continue looking for treatment for your substance use disorders, then you might find that drug and alcohol abuse day programs are the most ideal for you. This is due to the fact such centers are scheduled in such a way that you can easily go back home and have the time to be part of your family both before and after they undergo rehab.
About Alcohol And Drug Abuse Day Facilities
Alcohol and drug abuse day facilities are also called partial hospitalization drug and alcohol addiction treatment. They are designed for people making the transition out of inpatient or residential treatment but who still require support and structure to manage their substance use disorders and make sure that they do not relapse. The programs provide a full day of rehab, after which clients get to go home (in case the environment there is stable) or to a transitional living home (when their home is not conducive for their rehabilitation).
The majority of these programs also heavily focus on the need for practical and emotional balance - both at home and within the community, school, or workplace. Additionally, they may require the involvement of the addict's loved ones in the treatments and therapies provided.
The programs may also offer a number of options and rehab, which can include but are not limited to:
- Individual counseling
- Team building
- Educational groups
- Recreational activities
- 12 step education
- Individual counseling
- Family education and counseling
Otherwise known as PHPs (partial hospitalization programs), drug and alcohol abuse day programs are a particular type of outpatient drug and alcohol addiction rehab that will cater to you when you require care that is on a higher level than traditional outpatient centers can offer. As such, these facilities will provide you with more extensive medical oversight and rehabilitation services during the day but you won't get to stay at the program overnight.
In most instances, you may need to attend the program 3 to 5 days every week for close to four to six hours daily - although this may vary from client to client - while still remaining at home.
These centers are mostly utilized to help patients step down after completing inpatient treatment. As such, they are ideal if you don't need round the clock supervision but you could excel from higher level of support provided.
How Drug And Alcohol Abuse Day Facilities Work
Even before you undergo rehabilitation, the staff will perform an intake survey to help them develop a personalized and individualized rehabilitation and treatment plan depending on your mental health status (if any) and drug addiction.
As a patient, you will also get to participate in an intensive recovery program where you will work with various treatment professionals, such as psychiatrists, therapists, social workers, nurses, and doctors.
Many of the services typically offered in day facilities include, but are not particularly limited to:
- Aftercare planning for sober living facilities, 12 step centers, and support groups
- Dual diagnosis or co-occurring treatment
- Group therapy
- Holistic treatments, including music and art therapy, fitness classes, equine therapy, nutrition planning, meditation, and yoga
- Individual counseling
- Medical services
- Prescription management
Duration Of Rehab
For most alcohol and drug abuse day programs, the length of treatment will depend on the client's particular needs and demands. Similarly, all PHPs have different approaches and patients often come with unique cases.
When you enroll in such a program, however, you will very likely be required to attend rehabilitation daily for around 4 to 6 hours before you return home. After you've completed rehabilitation, you might be transitioned to a standardized outpatient facility where you are required to take part in therapy and treatment 1 to 2 times weekly in order to maintain your stability, sobriety, and recovery.
Who Needs Drug And Alcohol Abuse Day Facilities?
Certain patients are more inclined to benefit from alcohol and drug abuse day centers than others. In particular, partial hospitalization works most ideally for anyone who:
- Has a robust support base back at home
- Has experienced challenges with work or school performance
- Has transportation and a stable and safe housing situation
- Needs close medical supervision
- Needs more support than they would get from a traditional outpatient treatment facility
Paying For Alcohol And Drug Abuse Day Facilities
The cost of these centers varies significantly depending on how long you undergo rehab and how much your insurance provider can cover you. Although, the treatment will most often cost less than an inpatient or residential program due to the fact you won't have to cover the costs of board and room.
All insurance providers work different. However, you should be vigilant to make sure that your insurer provides some coverage for alcohol and drug abuse day programs especially now that addiction and substance abuse treatment is an important component of health care. This means that Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurance companies are legally required to cover treatment for addiction in the same way they cover other mental health and medical disorders.
However, some programs may not accept Medicaid or Medicare, so you may want to look into the right alcohol and drug abuse day centers for you.
If this is the case, or if you don't have insurance, consider the following options to finance your rehabilitation and treatment:
- Setting up a payment plan or paying via sliding scale
- Health care credit card
- Home equity loans
- Personal savings
- Specialized loans
Overall, if you are drug and alcohol dependent and/or battling with a drug and/or alcohol addiction or co-occurring mental health disorder, then you might find that alcohol and drug abuse day facilities are effective for you. In the majority of cases, however, these programs are best suited for patients who have responsibilities at home, school, and/or at their jobs that they have to respond to even as they take part in treatment. The facilities work well due to the fact they allow such clients to remain unhindered from meeting their responsibilities while still getting the rehab treatments they require to overcome their challenges with drugs/alcohol.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs by State
Select a State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance