Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-877-275-7054. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
Drug And Alcohol Abuse Day Facilities
If you have a family that requires your attention even as you continue looking for rehabilitation for your substance use disorders, then you may find that alcohol and drug abuse day facilities are the most ideal for you. This is because such centers are conducted in such a way that clients can easily return home and have the time to be part of your family both before and after they undergo treatment.
About Alcohol And Drug Abuse Day Facilities
Drug and alcohol abuse day facilities are also known as partial hospitalization addiction rehabilitation. They are structured for people making the transition out of inpatient or residential treatment but who still require support and structure to cope with their drug and/or alcohol addiction and make sure that they do not relapse. The centers offer a full day of rehab, after which you get to return home (in case the environment there is stable) or to a transitional living home (where their home is not conducive for their rehabilitation).
Most of these centers also heavily focus on the importance of practical and emotional balance - in both the home and within the community, school, or workplace. Additionally, they might require the involvement of the addict's loved ones in the rehab and therapies offered.
The programs may also offer a wide variety of options and treatments, which can include but are not limited to:
- 12 step education
- Educational groups
- Family education and counseling
- Individual counseling
- Recovery planning to prevent relapse
- Recreational activities
- Team building
Also known as PHPs (partial hospitalization centers), alcohol and drug abuse day programs are a particular type of outpatient drug addiction rehabilitation that caters to individuals who require care that is on a higher level than traditional outpatient facilities can offer. Because of this, these facilities will provide you with more extensive medical oversight and rehabilitation services throughout the day but you won't have the opportunity to remain at the facility overnight.
In the majority of instances, you might need to attend the program three to five days per week for close to four to six hours every day - although this may vary from individual to patient - while still remaining at home.
These programs are mostly utilized to help patients step down after completing inpatient treatment. Because of this, they are ideal if you don't need constant supervision but you could still benefit from the higher level of support offered.
How Drug And Alcohol Abuse Day Programs Work
Even before you undergo treatment, the staff will do an intake survey to help them develop a personalized and individualized rehabilitation and treatment plan based on your mental health condition (if any) and addiction.
As a client, you will also get to participate in a comprehensive recovery program where you will work with different treatment professionals, such as psychiatrists, therapists, social workers, nurses, and doctors.
Some of the treatments typically provided in day programs include, but are not particularly limited to:
- Aftercare planning for sober living facilities, 12 step centers, and support groups
- Dual diagnosis or co-occurring treatment
- Group therapy
- Holistic treatments, including music and art therapy, fitness classes, equine therapy, nutrition planning, meditation, and yoga
- Individual therapy
- Medical services
- Prescription management
Duration Of Treatment
For most drug and alcohol abuse day programs, the length of treatment will vary greatly based on the client's unique needs and demands. In addition, all PHPs have varying approaches and clients often come with unique cases.
When you enroll in such a process, however, you will very likely be required to attend rehab daily for around 4 to 6 hours before you return home. Upon completion of rehab, you might be transitioned to a traditional outpatient program where you are required to attend therapy and treatment one to two times every week in order to maintain your stability, sobriety, and recovery.
Who Needs Alcohol And Drug Abuse Day Programs?
Some patients are more highly likely to benefit from drug and alcohol abuse day centers than others. In particular, partial hospitalization works most ideally for someone who:
- Has a strong support base back at home
- Has experienced problems with work or school performance
- Has transportation and a stable and safe housing situation
- Requires close medical supervision
- Needs more support than they would get from a standard outpatient rehabilitation facility
Paying For Alcohol And Drug Abuse Day Centers
The cost of these facilities varies greatly depending on how long you undergo treatment and the extent to which your insurance provider can cover you. However, the rehab will most often cost less than an inpatient or residential program due to the fact you won't have to pay for board and room.
All insurers work different. However, you should be vigilant to make sure that your company offers some coverage for drug and alcohol abuse day facilities particularly now that drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse rehabilitation is an essential aspect of health care. Meaning, that Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurance companies are legally required to cover rehab for addiction exactly how they cover other mental health and medical conditions.
However, some facilities might not accept Medicaid or Medicare, so you might want to do some research while looking for the right alcohol and drug abuse day programs for you.
In such cases, or if you don't have insurance, consider the following options to pay for your rehabilitation and treatment:
- Setting up a payment plan or paying via sliding scale
- Health care credit card
- Home equity loans
- Personal savings
- Specialized loans
Overall, if you are addicted and/or battling with an addiction or co-occurring mental health disorder, then you may find that alcohol and drug abuse day facilities are effective for you. In many instances, however, these centers are best suited for clients who have responsibilities at home, school, and/or at their jobs that they have to take care of even as they undergo rehab. The centers work well due to the fact they allow such clients to continue meeting their responsibilities while receiving the treatment services they require to overcome their challenges with alcohol/drugs.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs by State
Select a State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance