Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-877-275-7054. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Health Services and Treatment
Health Services And Treatment
Although addiction can be resolved, it is not quite as simple as that. Since addiction is a chronic issue, it follows that one won't be able to stop abusing substances for merely a couple of days and ultimately be free from the condition. For this reason, you might find that you need repeated or long term health services and treatment to completely stop using and repair life.
To this end, you can be sure that the most effective rehabilitation must help you attain the following:
- Find productivity at work, in society, and in your family
- Stop using alcohol and drugs
- Remain sober
However, many rehabilitation programs also offer other treatments related to overall health to deal with and manage physical well-being and overall illness as well as drug and alcohol addiction.
These facilities tend to be at state of publicly funded centers. As such, they also concentrate on the general health and wellness of the whole community, and not just on the individual client.
Some of the centers that provide health services and treatment include VA medical centers, community hospitals, and more. In the majority of cases, the rehabilitation facility that also provides these treatment and health services will also concentrate on stopping alcohol and drug use as well as all the general health problems that are essentially associated with substance abuse. The facilities might, in this way, help to protect the overall health, safety, and wellness of the community.
Benefits Of Health Services And Treatment
Through this treatment, substance use disorders and addictions that impact both the individual and the community are effectively addressed. In particular, health services and treatment provide the following benefits:
- Working with the level of care across social services systems and health care system, including child welfare, employment and health support, and criminal justice
- Delivering addiction and addiction prevention interventions to ensure individuals do not use drugs or experience related health issues
- Early intervention to ensure that misuse does not escalate to advanced addiction and substance use disorders
- Engaging clients into rehab for substance use disorders
- Linking patients to appropriate treatment options
- Long term monitoring and follow up
- Screenings and tests for addiction disorders
- Treating these issues at every level of severity
Today, there are many different health care systems nationally with a variety of integration levels, settings, and workforces. These work in tandem with both individuals and communities by providing diverse structural and financial models, making use of different technologies, and offering a variety of options for rehabilitation to guarantee the health and safety of the entire community.
How Health Services And Rehabilitation Works
Research and studies done on substance abuse and its effects on clients, families, and communities have shown that there are certain key principles that should form part and parcel of any effective intervention by health services and rehabilitation professionals. These essential aspects should include, but are not limited to:
- Alcohol and drug addiction are complex conditions which can be treated that affect the behavior and functioning of the brain
- Successful health services and treatment must address all your needs and requirements without exclusively focusing on your alcohol and drug abuse
- In certain cases, the health services and treatment may encompass the use of prescription medication, such as by combining them with behavioral therapies
- There is no single all encompassing treatment regimen that works effectively for everyone
- The effectiveness of your rehabilitation will be dependent on how long you can stay at the rehab center
- The initial stage for addiction rehabilitation usually includes medically assisted detox
- The most commonly used types of rehabilitation include behavioral therapies such as counseling
- The treatment must address every possible, existing, or emerging mental health disorder
- The rehab facility should offer tests for tuberculosis, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, HIV/AIDS, and any other infectious diseases and teach you the steps you should take to lower your risk of suffering from these diseases or contracting them again sometime in the future.
- Rehabilitation does not necessarily have to be voluntary for it to be effective
- You need fast and easy access to drug and alcohol rehab for it to be more effective
- Your alcohol/drug abuse must be monitored regularly and closely during rehabilitation
- Your rehab plans should be looked over regularly and modified according to your changing needs and requirements
That said, there are several different choices that are often thought of as successful in treating drug addiction. These options may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Behavioral therapy
- Evaluation, testing, and fully treating any co-occurring mental health problem, such as anxiety and depression
- Follow up in the long term to prevent relapse
- Medical applications and devices for addressing withdrawal symptoms and delivering skills training
In the majority of cases, the rehabilitation facility will provide you with a range of comprehensive care as well as a highly tailored rehab program (and several choices for follow up). These services will essentially prove vital to the total success of your program.
Still, you may want to make sure that your treatment also encompasses both mental health and medical services when and as required. Follow-up care, on the other hand, might include family or community-based support services and systems.
Overall, your health services and treatment should help you overcome your condition - however bad off it is - as well as ensure that you develop the specific cognitive skills that you will need to adjust your belief and attitudes. In the long run, you will be better able to understand your behavior, know the consequences that it causes, and strive to keep away from drugs, alcohol, and any other addictive and harmful substances. By doing so, these activities and services will make sure that both you and those you love are safe from the harmful effects and consequences of abusing drugs and drinking alcohol.
Health Services and Treatment by State
Select a State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance