Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-877-275-7054. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Health Services and Treatment
Health Services And Treatment
Although drug addiction can be treated, it isn't quite that simple. Since addiction is a chronic condition, it follows that you simply won't be able to stop abusing substances for merely a few days and ultimately be free from the condition. For this reason, you might find that you need repeated or long term health services and treatment to completely stop using and repair life.
To this end, the most effective rehab should help you accomplish the following:
- Be productive in society, at work, and with your family
- Stop using drugs
- Stay drug free
However, many treatment programs also offer other treatments related to general physical health to deal with and manage physical well-being and overall illness as well as addiction.
These facilities tend to be at state funded or public centers. As such, they also focus on the overall health and wellness of the entire community, and not only on the individual patient.
Some of the facilities that provide health services and treatment include VA medical centers, community hospitals, and more. In most cases, the treatment program that also offer these treatment and health services will also focus on stopping alcohol and drug use as well as all the overall wellness problems that are typically associated with substance abuse. The centers might, in doing this, help to protect the overall health, safety, and wellness of the community.
Benefits Of Health Services And Treatment
Through this treatment, substance use disorders and addictions that impact both the individual and the community are appropriately handled. Particularly, wellness services and rehab provide the following benefits:
- Coordinating the level of care across social services systems and health care system, including child welfare, employment and health support, and criminal justice
- Delivering drug and alcohol addiction and addiction prevention interventions to ensure individuals do not use alcohol and drugs or suffer related health consequences
- Early intervention to make sure that abuse does not escalate to advanced drug addiction and substance use disorders
- Engaging patients into rehabilitation for substance use disorders
- Linking patients to relevant treatment options
- Extensive monitoring and follow up
- Screenings and tests for substance use disorders
- Treating these disorders at every level of severity
Today, there are numerous health care systems across the country with a variety of integration levels, settings, and workforces. These operate in tandem with both clients and communities by providing diverse structural and financial options, leveraging different technologies, and providing a variety of options for rehabilitation to ensure the health and safety of the entire community.
How Health Services And Rehab Works
Research and studies done on addiction and its resulting effect on clients, families, and communities have shown that there are certain key principles that should form as part of any effective intervention by health services and rehab professionals. These principles should include, but are not limited to:
- Drug and alcohol addiction are complex issues which are treatable that impact the behavior and functioning of the brain
- Successful health services and treatment must encompass all your needs and requirements without exclusively concentrating on your drug abuse
- In some cases, the health services and treatment can encompass the use of prescription medication, such as by combining them with behavioral therapies
- There is no single all encompassing rehabilitation regimen that works effectively for everyone
- The effectiveness of your rehab will be depend on how long you can stay at the rehab center
- The first stage for addiction treatment usually involves medically assisted detoxification
- The most commonly used types of treatment include behavioral therapies such as counseling
- The rehabilitation must include addressing every existing, possible, or emerging mental health issue
- The rehab program should get you tests for tuberculosis, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, HIV/AIDS, and any other infectious diseases and teach you the steps you should take to lower your risk of suffering from these diseases or contracting them again sometime in the future.
- Rehab does not necessarily have to be voluntary for it to be effective
- You need quick and easy access to drug rehab for it to be more effective
- Your drug/alcohol abuse must be monitored regularly and closely during rehab
- Your rehabilitation plans should be reviewed on a regular basis and modified according to your changing needs and requirements
Having said that, there are many different choices that are often thought of as successful in treating drug addiction. These choices may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Behavioral therapy
- Evaluation, testing, and full treatment of any co-occurring mental health problem, such as anxiety and depression
- Follow up in the future to prevent relapse
- Medical applications and devices for dealing with withdrawal symptoms and delivering skills training
In most cases, the rehab facility will provide you with a range of comprehensive care as well as an individually tailored rehab program (and several choices for follow up). These services will ultimately prove crucial to the total success of your program.
However, you might want to ensure that your rehab also includes both mental health and wellness services when and as necessary. Follow-up care, on the other hand, might include family or community-based support services and systems.
Essentially, your health services and treatment should help you conquer your condition - however bad off it is - as well as ensure that you develop the specific cognitive skills that you can use to develop your belief and attitudes. In the long run, you will be better able to understand your behavior, know the consequences that it causes, and strive to keep away from alcohol, drugs, and any other addictive and intoxicating substances. In doing this, these treatments and services will make sure that both you and everyone else around you is safe from the harmful effects and consequences of abusing drugs and drinking alcohol.
Health Services and Treatment by State
Select a State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance