Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-866-726-3478. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Health Services and Treatment
Health Services And Treatment
Although drug addiction can be resolved, it is not quite as simple as that. Since addiction is a chronic issue, it follows that one won't be able to stop using substances for merely a couple of days and ultimately be free from the condition. This is why you might find that you need repeated or extensive health services and treatment to completely stop using and fully recover.
To this end, you can be sure that the most effective rehabilitation must help you attain the following:
- Find productivity at work, in society, and in your family
- Stop using drugs
- Stay drug free
However, many rehabilitation facilities also offer other treatments related to overall physical health to deal with and manage physical wellness and overall illness as well as addiction.
These programs tend to be at state funded or public facilities. As such, they also focus on the overall health and wellness of the whole community, and not only on the individual patient.
Some of the programs that provide health services and treatment include VA medical centers, community hospitals, and more. In most cases, the treatment center that also offer these rehab and health services will also focus on reducing drug and alcohol abuse as well as all the overall health issues that are typically associated with drug abuse. The centers might, in this way, help to protect the overall health, safety, and wellbeing of the community.
Benefits Of Health Services And Treatment
Through this treatment, substance use disorders and addictions that affect both the client and the community are effectively addressed. In particular, wellness services and rehabilitation provide the following benefits:
- Working with the degree of care across social services systems and health care system, to include child welfare, employment and health support, and criminal justice
- Delivering drug and alcohol addiction and addiction prevention interventions to ensure individuals do not use alcohol and drugs or suffer related health consequences
- Early intervention to make sure that abuse does not escalate to advanced drug and alcohol addiction and substance use disorders
- Engaging patients into treatment for substance use disorders
- Linking patients to appropriate rehab options
- Long term monitoring and follow up
- Screenings and tests for addiction disorders
- Treating these issues at every level of severity
Today, there are many different health care systems nationally with various integration levels, settings, and workforces. These work in tandem with both clients and communities by providing diverse structural and financial options, leveraging different technologies, and offering a variety of options for rehab to ensure the health and safety of the whole community.
How Health Services And Rehab Works
Research and studies conducted on addiction and its resulting effect on clients, families, and communities have shown that there are certain key principles that should form as part of any effective intervention by health services and rehab professionals. These essential aspects should include, but are not limited to:
- Alcohol and drug addiction are complex issues which are treatable that affect the behavior and functioning of the brain
- Successful health services and treatment should encompass all your needs and requirements without exclusively focusing on your drug abuse
- In certain cases, the health services and treatment might include the use of prescription medication, such as in combination with behavioral therapies
- There is no single universal treatment regimen that works effectively for everyone
- The effectiveness of your rehab will be dependent on how long you can stay at the program
- The first stage for addiction treatment usually involves medically assisted detoxification
- The most commonly used types of treatment include behavioral therapies such as counseling
- The treatment must address every existing, possible, or emerging mental health issue
- The treatment center should get you tests for tuberculosis, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, HIV/AIDS, and any other infectious diseases and teach you the steps you should take to lower your risk of suffering from these diseases or contracting them again sometime in the future.
- Treatment does not necessarily have to be voluntary for it to work
- You need quick and easy access to drug and alcohol treatment for it to be more effective
- Your alcohol/drug abuse must be monitored regularly and closely during treatment
- Your rehabilitation plans should be reviewed on a regular basis and modified according to your varying needs and requirements
That said, there are several different choices that are often thought of as effective in treating drug addiction. These options may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Behavioral counseling
- Evaluation, testing, and full treatment of any co-occurring mental health problem, such as anxiety and depression
- Follow up in the long term to prevent relapse
- Medical applications and devices for addressing withdrawal symptoms and delivering skills training
In the majority of cases, the rehabilitation center will provide you with a range of comprehensive care as well as a personally tailored rehabilitation program (and several choices for follow up). These services will ultimately prove crucial to the overall effectiveness of your program.
However, you may want to make sure that your rehab also includes both mental health and wellness services when this is required. Follow-up care, on the other hand, might include family or community-based support services and systems.
Overall, your health services and treatment should help you overcome your condition - however severe it might be - as well as ensure that you develop the specific cognitive skills that you will need to develop your belief and attitudes. In the end, you will be better able to understand your behavior, understand the consequences that it causes, and strive to keep away from drugs, alcohol, and any other addictive and harmful substances. By doing so, these treatments and services will make sure that both you and those you love are safe from the harmful effects and consequences of abusing drugs and drinking alcohol.
Health Services and Treatment by State
Select a State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance