Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-877-275-7054. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Hospital Inpatient Programs
Hospital Inpatient Facilities
There are some advantages that come with hospital inpatient facilities especially when addressing alcohol and drug withdrawal symptoms. Through such a program, nurses and doctors will offer you 24 hour services to make sure that you withdraw safely from the substances you were abusing. In addition, staff members that are trained in medical detoxification can oversee your progress and make all the tweaks that your drug addiction rehab plan necessitates.
About Hospital Inpatient Programs
Hospital inpatient programs are meant to offer you many advantages that you may not receive from another center - whether you are struggling with alcohol or drugs, or a combination of both.
Since psychological health problems sometimes go hand in hand with substance use and addiction - where they are known as dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorders - your inpatient treatment might also require behavioral health treatment in combination with drug rehabilitation. Some of the co-occurring disorders that those with drug and alcohol addiction issues commonly struggle with include eating, anxiety, and depression disorders.
That said, the majority of hospital inpatient programs will come with many different treatments meant to meet your psychological and physical health needs. In comparison to treatment on an outpatient basis, this form of care is usually more intensive.
In addition, the facilities will provide you with many benefits as you make the journey to full recovery, which may include medical care around the clock, freedom from triggers in the outside environment, and emotional support.
In most cases, hospital inpatient programs are known to be the highest level of drug addiction medical care and rehab particularly when they are coupled with around the clock care and medically managed detoxification.
Having said that, the options differ when speaking of amenities, staff experience and expertise, therapies provided, location, and more. As such, it is important that you take the time to locate one that is most appropriate for your specific circumstances.
Hospital inpatient facilities are a form of residential addiction rehab where you will remain in a hospital or clinic for varying lengths depending on the program and your unique circumstances, among other factors.
It is estimated, however, you may reside at the program for a few days or a week although some hospitals may require you stay longer or transition to a long term drug addiction treatment program.
That said, the duration of treatment will depend on an a few variables, which may include:
- How severe your drug and alcohol addiction is
- If you have any other co-occurring mental health problems
- If you have ever attended rehabilitation and/or detoxification before
Some of these facilities may also include family participation in a couple of activities and in family therapy/counseling. By so doing, they will provide you with an opportunity to fix damaged relationships and dysfunctional dynamics that may trigger your relapse later on.
Overall, each hospital inpatient rehab center will provide unique accommodation. Some are pretty basic and come with shared rooms, recreational activities - like ping pong and pool - and cafeteria style meals. Other facilities, however, come with private rooms, gourmet meals, and other amenities.
Who Needs Hospital Inpatient Treatment?
Through hospital inpatient rehabilitation, you can benefit from medical detoxification and 24 hour medical care to conquer your substance abuse disorder and any potential dual diagnosis issues.
If you were addicted for several years, it means that your situation might be progressed to a point that would require hospitalization - such as if you experienced an overdose on your drug of choice or if you struggle with any withdrawal symptoms when you go for long without using.
For instance, patients who were dependent on a substance for months or years are highly likely to experience cravings when they attempt to quit. To help make treatment a success and reduce their risk of relapse, a hospital inpatient program may be the best option.
How Hospital Inpatient Facilities Work
Clients who are taking part in hospital inpatient treatment also get to participate in restorative residential treatment. While undergoing treatment, therefore, you will develop ways to cope with your drug addiction as well as develop essential life and recovery skills. By doing so, you may begin improving your daily lifestyle.
Some of the features offered through these programs include, but are not limited to:
- Individual therapy
- Daily group therapy
- Participation in community group meetings
- 24-hour nursing supervision
- Daily review of your treatment goals and how you are meeting them
- Treatment planning
- Comprehensive evaluation and testing
- Meetings with doctors, counselors, and therapists
- Medication management
- Discharge planning
Choosing Hospital Inpatient Programs
Because every addict is different, there are various differences among the various hospital inpatient programs available. As such, you should ask all the right questions to ensure that you find the best program for you or for a loved one. These questions include, but are not limited to:
- What are my financing and payment choices?
- What kind of sober living and aftercare options are offered?
- What licensing and credentials do the staff and facility have?
- What types of substance use disorders and co-occurring disorders do you treat?
- Which peer group and 12 step options do you offer?
- Which kind of therapy and counseling is provided?
Advantages Of Hospital Inpatient Programs
Hospital inpatient facilities offer the highest level of care particularly if you are battling severe drug addiction, co-occurring mental health issues, or co-occurring health issues. These programs also provide environments where you receive care 24 hours a day as well as thorough planning to ensure that you overcome negative health effects, severe withdrawal, and triggers and relapse opportunities.
Some of the advantages you could experience by checking into one of these hospital inpatient programs include:
- You will be in a safe, highly supervised, and organized environment
- You will be free from outside negative influences, distractions, and triggers that could refuel your substance abuse
- You will have medical professionals around to ensure your safety and health all through rehab, including but not limited to the detox stage of your rehabilitation
- You will have access to a dependable support system made up of counselors, doctors, nurses, and therapists who will provide you with the encouragement you need while undergoing rehabilitation
Overall, hospital inpatient facilities can help you overcome some of the more difficult aspects of your recovery, rehabilitation and treatment - such as overdose and withdrawal symptoms. Signing into one of these facilities is the first step you can make to ensure you get your life back from alcohol and drugs and other intoxicating substances.
Hospital Inpatient Programs by State
Select a State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance