Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-877-275-7054. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Hospital Inpatient Programs
Hospital Inpatient Facilities
There are some advantages that come with hospital inpatient rehab centers particularly with regards to addressing alcohol and drug withdrawal symptoms. Through such a program, medical staff and physicians will offer you 24 hour care to make sure that you withdraw safely from the substances you were abusing. Additionally, facility staff that are trained in medical detoxification may oversee your progress and make all the tweaks that your addiction treatment plan necessitates.
About Hospital Inpatient Programs
Hospital inpatient programs are designed to offer you many benefits that you may not receive from another program - whether you are struggling with alcohol or drugs, or a combination of both.
Since mental health problems sometimes go along with substance abuse and addiction - where they are known as dual diagnosis or co-occurring issues - your inpatient rehabilitation may also require behavioral health treatment in combination with addiction treatment. Some of the co-occurring disorders that those with drug addiction issues commonly struggle with include eating, anxiety, and depression issues.
That said, most hospital inpatient programs will come with many different treatments designed to meet your psychological and physical health needs. In comparison to treatment on an outpatient basis, this type of care is typically more comprehensive.
In addition, the programs will provide you with many benefits as you make the journey to full recovery, which may include medical care around the clock, freedom from triggers in the outside environment, and emotional support.
In most instances, hospital inpatient rehab centers are known to be the highest level of drug and alcohol addiction medical care and rehab especially when they are coupled with 24 hour support and medically supervised detoxification.
That said, the options vary in terms of amenities, staff experience and expertise, therapies provided, location, and more. Therefore, it is vital that you take the time to find one that is most appropriate for your needs and requirements.
Hospital inpatient programs are a form of residential drug and alcohol addiction treatment where you will stay at a hospital or clinic for various lengths depending on the program and your unique circumstances, among other factors.
It is estimated, however, you might remain at the program for a few days or a week although some hospitals may demand that you stay longer or transition to a long term addiction rehabilitation program.
Having said that, the length of treatment will depend on a variety of factors, including but not limited to:
- How severe your drug and alcohol addiction is
- If you have any other co-occurring psychological health issues
- If you have ever attended treatment and/or detoxification before
Some of these programs might also include family participation in several activities and in family therapy/counseling. By so doing, they will offer you a chance to fix damaged relationships and dysfunctional dynamics that may result in a relapse later on.
Overall, every hospital inpatient program will provide unique accommodation. Many are pretty basic and provide shared rooms, recreational activities - like ping pong and pool - and cafeteria style meals. Other facilities, however, come with private rooms, gourmet food, and other amenities.
Who Needs Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation?
Through hospital inpatient treatment, you can benefit from medical detox and round the clock medical care to conquer your substance abuse issue and any potential dual diagnosis disorders.
If you have struggled with addiction for many years, it is very likely your condition may be serious and require hospitalization - such as if you overdosed on your drug of choice or if you struggle with any withdrawal symptoms when you try to abstain.
For example, clients who were drug or alcohol dependent for months or years are highly likely to struggle with cravings when they abstain. To improve their chances of success and reduce their risk of relapse, a hospital inpatient facility may be the best choice.
How Hospital Inpatient Programs Work
Clients who are taking part in hospital inpatient treatment also get to participate in restorative residential treatment. While taking part in treatment, therefore, you will learn how to cope with your drug and alcohol addiction as well as develop important life and recovery skills. In the process, you may start improving your daily functioning.
Examples of services provided through these programs include, but are not limited to:
- 24-hour nursing supervision
- Aftercare planning
- Comprehensive evaluation and testing
- Daily group therapy
- Discharge planning
- Individual therapy
- Medication management
- Meetings with doctors, counselors, and therapists
- Daily review of your treatment goals and how you are meeting them
- Participation in community group meetings
- Treatment planning
Choosing Hospital Inpatient Programs
Since every addicted individual is different, there are various differences among the various hospital inpatient facilities available. As such, you need to ask all the right questions to make sure you find the best program for you or for a loved one. These questions can include, but are not limited to:
- What are my financing and payment choices?
- What types of sober living and aftercare options are available?
- What licensing and credentials do you have?
- What types of substance use issues and co-occurring disorders do you treat?
- Which peer group and 12 step programs do you offer?
- Which types of therapy and counseling is provided?
Advantages Of Hospital Inpatient Rehab Centers
Hospital inpatient facilities offer the highest level of care especially if you are struggling with severe drug and alcohol addiction, co-occurring psychological health issues, or co-occurring health issues. These facilities also provide environments where you receive care 24 hours a day as well as thorough planning to help you conquer adverse health effects, intense withdrawal, and triggers and relapse possibilities.
Some of the advantages you could experience by checking into one of these hospital inpatient rehab centers include:
- Benefiting from a safe, highly monitored, and organized environment
- You will be free from outside negative influences, distractions, and triggers that could refuel your substance use
- You will have medical professionals available to ensure your safety and health all through rehabilitation, which may include the detox stage of your treatment
- You will be surrounded by a dependable support system comprised of counselors, doctors, nurses, and therapists who will provide you with the encouragement you need while undergoing rehabilitation
Overall, hospital inpatient programs can help you conquer some of the more difficult aspects of your recovery, rehabilitation and treatment - such as overdose and withdrawal symptoms. Signing into one of these facilities is the first step to help ensure you get your life back from drugs and alcohol and other harmful substances.
Hospital Inpatient Programs by State
Select a State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance