Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-877-275-7054. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Hospital Inpatient Programs
Hospital Inpatient Facilities
There are some advantages that come with hospital inpatient facilities particularly with regards to addressing drug withdrawal symptoms. Through such a program, nurses and doctors will offer you round the clock services to make sure that you withdraw safely from the drugs you were abusing. In addition, staff members that are trained in medical detox might oversee your progress and make all the tweaks that your addiction treatment plan requires.
About Hospital Inpatient Facilities
Hospital inpatient centers are meant to offer you many benefits that you might not receive from another center - whether you are battling drugs or alcohol, or a combination of both.
Since mental health problems sometimes go along with substance use and addiction - where they are commonly referred to as dual diagnosis or co-occurring issues - your inpatient treatment may also require behavioral health treatment in combination with substance abuse treatment. Some of the co-occurring disorders that those with drug and alcohol addiction issues commonly struggle with include eating, anxiety, and depression issues.
That said, the majority of hospital inpatient centers will come with various treatments designed to meet your mental and physical health needs. In comparison to rehab on an outpatient basis, this type of care tends to be more comprehensive.
Additionally, the facilities will provide you with many benefits as you make the journey to full recovery, which may include medical care 24 hours a day, freedom from triggers in the external environment, and emotional support.
In most cases, hospital inpatient programs are considered to be the highest level of addiction medical care and rehab particularly when they are coupled with around the clock care and medically managed detoxification.
Having said that, the choices differ when speaking of amenities, staff experience and expertise, therapies provided, location, and more. As such, it is important that you take the time to find one that is most ideal your needs and requirements.
Hospital inpatient programs are a type of residential drug addiction rehabilitation where you will stay at a hospital or clinic for various lengths depending on the rehab center and your diagnosis, among other variables.
On average, however, you may stay at the facility for a few days or a week although some hospitals might require you stay longer or transition to a long term drug addiction rehab facility.
Having said that, the length of rehabilitation will depend on an a few variables, which may include:
- How severe your drug and alcohol addiction is
- If you have any other co-occurring mental health problems
- If you have ever attended treatment and/or detoxification before
Some of these programs might also include family participation in a couple of activities and in family therapy/counseling. By so doing, they will offer you an opportunity to mend damaged relationships and dysfunctional dynamics that could trigger your relapse later on.
Overall, every hospital inpatient rehab center will offer unique accommodation. Some are pretty basic and come with shared rooms, recreational activities - such as ping pong and pool - and cafeteria style meals. Other facilities, however, come with private rooms, gourmet meals, and other amenities.
Who Needs Hospital Inpatient Treatment?
Through hospital inpatient treatment, you can benefit from medical detoxification and 24 hour medical care to conquer your substance use issue and any potential dual diagnosis issues.
If you have struggled with addiction for many years, it is very likely your situation might be progressed to a point that would require hospitalization - such as if you experienced an overdose on your drug of choice or if you experience any withdrawal symptoms when you go for long without using.
For example, patients who were drug or alcohol dependent for months or years are highly likely to struggle with cravings when they abstain. To help make treatment a success and reduce their risk of relapse, a hospital inpatient rehab center might be the best choice.
How Hospital Inpatient Centers Work
Patients who are enrolled in hospital inpatient treatment also get to participate in restorative residential treatment. While undergoing rehab, therefore, you will learn how to cope with your addiction as well as develop important life and recovery skills. By doing so, you may start improving your daily lifestyle.
Some of the features provided through these programs include, but are not limited to:
- 24-hour nursing supervision
- Aftercare planning
- Comprehensive evaluation and testing
- Daily group therapy
- Discharge planning
- Individual therapy
- Medication management
- Meetings with doctors, counselors, and therapists
- Daily review of your treatment goals and how you are meeting them
- Participation in community group meetings
- Treatment planning
Choosing Hospital Inpatient Programs
Since every addicted individual is different, there are various differences among the various hospital inpatient facilities available. As such, you should ask all the right questions to ensure that you find the correct facility for you or for a loved one. These questions include, but are not limited to:
- What are my financing and payment options?
- What kind of sober living and aftercare choices are offered?
- What licensing and credentials do you have?
- What types of substance use disorders and co-occurring disorders do you treat?
- Which peer group and 12 step programs are offered?
- Which kind of therapy and counseling do you offer?
Benefits Of Hospital Inpatient Programs
Hospital inpatient rehab centers offer the highest level of care especially if you are struggling with severe drug addiction, co-occurring mental health issues, or co-occurring health illness. These facilities also offer environments where you receive care 24 hours a day as well as complete planning to ensure that you conquer negative health effects, intense withdrawal, and triggers and relapse opportunities.
Some of the advantages you stand to gain by checking into one of these hospital inpatient facilities include:
- You will be in a safe, highly monitored, and organized environment
- You will be free from outside negative influences, distractions, and triggers that could refuel your substance abuse
- You will have medical staff around to ensure your safety and health all through treatment, including but not limited to the detox stage of your rehab
- You will be surrounded by a dependable support system made up of counselors, doctors, nurses, and therapists who will provide you with the encouragement you need while undergoing rehab
Overall, hospital inpatient rehab centers can help you conquer some of the most difficult challenges of your recovery, rehabilitation and treatment - such as overdose and withdrawal symptoms. Enrolling in one of these programs is the first step to help ensure you get your life back from alcohol and drugs and other harmful substances.
Hospital Inpatient Programs by State
Select a State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance