Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-877-275-7054. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Hospital Inpatient Programs
Hospital Inpatient Programs
There are some advantages that come with hospital inpatient programs particularly in treating alcohol and drug withdrawal symptoms. Through such a program, nurses and physicians will provide you with round the clock hospital services to supervise, monitor, and ensure that you withdraw safely from your addiction. Additionally, some staff members specialized in medical detox might oversee your progress and make all the adjustments that your addiction treatment plan requires.
About Hospital Inpatient Programs
Also called residential hospital addiction treatment, hospital inpatient programs are designed to provide you with many benefits that you might not receive from another center - whether you are struggling with alcohol, drugs, or a combination of both.
Since mental health problems sometimes go hand in hand with substance use disorders and addiction - where they are commonly referred to as dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorders - your inpatient rehabilitation might also require behavioral health treatment in combination with substance abuse treatment. Some of the co-occurring disorders that those with addiction issues commonly suffer from include eating, anxiety, and depression disorders.
That said, most hospital inpatient programs will come with many different treatments designed to meet your mental and physical health needs. In comparison to treatment on an outpatient basis, this form of care tends to be more intensive.
Additionally, the programs will provide you with many benefits as you make the journey to full recovery, including but not limited to medical care around the clock, freedom from triggers in the external environment, and emotional support.
In most cases, hospital inpatient programs are considered to be the highest level of addiction medical care and treatment especially when they are coupled with 24 hour support and care and medically supervised detoxification.
That said, the options differ in terms of amenities, staff experience and expertise, therapies offered, location, and more. As such, it is vital that you take the time to find one that best matches your needs and requirements.
Hospital inpatient programs are a form of residential addiction treatment where you will stay at a hospital or clinic for various lengths depending on the program and your diagnosis, among other factors.
On average, however, you might reside at the facility for a few days or a week although some hospitals might require to stay longer or transition to a long term addiction treatment center.
That said, the duration of treatment will depend on a variety of factors, including but not limited to:
- How severe your addiction is
- If you have any other co-occurring mental health problems
- If you have ever attended rehabilitation and detoxification before
Some of these programs might also require family participation in a couple of activities and in family therapy/counseling. By so doing, they will provide you with an opportunity to mend broken relationships and dysfunctional dynamics that might trigger your relapse later on.
Overall, every hospital inpatient program will provide unique accommodation. Some are pretty basic and come with shared rooms, recreational activities - like ping pong and pool - and cafeteria style meals. Others, however, come with private rooms, gourmet meals, and other amenities.
Who Needs Hospital Inpatient Programs?
Through hospital inpatient programs, you can benefit from medical detox and round the clock medical care to overcome your substance use disorder, addiction, and any potentially dual diagnosis disorders.
If you were addicted for several years, it means that your condition might be serious and require hospitalization - such as if you overdosed on your drug/alcohol of choice or if you experience any withdrawal symptoms when you go for long without using
For instance, patients who were dependent on a substance for months or years are highly likely to struggle with cravings when they give it up. To improve their chances of success and reduce their risk of relapse, hospital inpatient programs might be the best option.
How Hospital Inpatient Programs Work
Patients who are enrolled in hospital inpatient programs also get to participate in restorative residential programs. While undergoing treatment, therefore, you will learn how to cope with your addiction as well as develop essential life and recovery skills. In the process, you may start improving your daily functioning.
Some of the features provided through these programs include, but are not limited to:
- 24-hour nursing supervision
- Aftercare planning
- Comprehensive evaluation and testing
- Daily group therapy, that could include peer and specialty groups to discuss substance abuse, 12 step programs, loss, grief, sexuality, trauma survival, self-esteem, family patterns, assertiveness, and interpersonal relationships, among others
- Discharge planning
- Individual therapy
- Medication management
- Meetings with psychiatrists, counselors, and therapists
- Ongoing review of your treatment goals and how you are meeting them
- Participation in community group meetings
- Treatment planning
Choosing Hospital Inpatient Programs
Since every addict is different, there are certain differences among the various hospital inpatient programs available. As such, you need to ask all the right questions to ensure that you find the right program for you or for a loved one. These questions include, but are not limited to:
- What are my financing and payment options?
- What kind of sober living and aftercare options are available?
- What licensing and credentials do you have?
- What types of substance use disorders and co-occurring disorders do you treat?
- Which peer group and 12 step programs do you offer?
- Which types of therapy and counseling do you offer?
Benefits Of Hospital Inpatient Programs
Hospital inpatient programs provide the highest level of care especially if you are struggling with severe addiction, co-occurring mental health issues, or co-occurring medical issues. These programs also provide environments where you receive care round the clock as well as thorough planning to ensure that you overcome adverse overdose effects, severe withdrawal, and triggers and relapse opportunities.
Some of the benefits you stand to gain by checking into one of these hospital inpatient programs include:
- You will be in a safe, highly supervised, and organized environment
- You will be free from external negative influences, distractions, and triggers that could refuel your substance abuse
- You will have medical professionals around to ensure your safety and health all through treatment, including but not limited to the detox stage of your rehabilitation
- You will be surrounded by a dependable support system comprised of counselors, doctors, nurses, and therapists who will provide you with the encouragement you need while undergoing treatment
Overall, hospital inpatient programs can help you overcome some of the more difficult aspects of your recovery, treatment, and rehabilitation - such as overdose and withdrawal symptoms. Signing into one of these programs is the first step you can make to ensure you regain your life from drugs, alcohol, and other intoxicating substances.
Hospital Inpatient Programs by State
Select a State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance