Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-866-726-3478. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Languages other than Spanish
Languages Other Than Spanish
There is a wide variety of drug treatment programs for patients who speak foreign languages other than Spanish. Therefore, as you continue searching for the right program, you will have a wide range of choices to pick from. Most of these programs, however, tend to be short term - although some of them are also offered over the long term (over 3 months).
If you speak languages other than Spanish, you will soon come to realize that drug addiction and substance abuse are widespread problems that are best solved by completing treating at the most relevant rehabilitation center. As such, there are many ways you can get the help you require.
However, it is important that you remember that when you lose control as a result of an addiction, it is not a sign of weakness. Rather, it is tied to the physiological changes that happen in the body when you abuse intoxicating substances like drugs and alcohol.
To ensure your successful recovery, therefore, you might want to look for a treatment program offered in languages other than Spanish. This way, you will get the support and resources you require to overcome your addiction.
These types of rehab programs will also work to set you on the road to full recovery and sobriety. As you continue trying to beat your addiction, you may also benefit from medical supervision, accountability partners, emotional support from family and friends, as well as aftercare in the form of continued therapy and sober living.
Understanding Drug Treatment For Foreign Languages Other Than Spanish
Today, there are tons of addiction rehabilitation centers that cater to clients who speak languages other than Spanish. Therefore, whether you are looking for a treatment program for yourself or for a loved one, you can be sure that the options available to you are broad.
These programs are important because there are several ways that people who speak languages other than Spanish can receive the assistance they need.
Importance Of Drug Treatment For Languages Other Than Spanish
The success of your addiction treatment as a person who speaks languages other than Spanish will be pegged on good communication. Therefore, you might want to look for a program that will address your language barriers and other cultural issues.
When people with limited English skills require treatment, they should look for healthcare providers who will communicate with them effectively. Luckily, the standards for care that is cultural competent has been increasing due to the increasing need for drug treatment for minority and ethnic populations.
According to SAMSHA (the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration), more than a third of the entire American population is from a racial or ethnic minority. Additionally, more than 10 percent of these individuals are foreign born.
If you are part of this community, you should try to get effective addiction treatment by choosing from programs that are designed to cater to your particular needs and requirements.
Since approaches to rehabilitation do not work the same for everything, it is imperative that the health care provider you choose meets up with you and has a clear understanding of how your beliefs and culture affect your attitude towards drugs and alcohol. By so doing, they will be in a better position to design treatment programs that will work with your beliefs.
Since most people who speak languages other than Spanish have different backgrounds and cultures, it is also essential that care providers remain sensitive to the accompanying attitudes towards alcohol and drug use.
Benefits Of Drug Treatment For Speakers Of Languages Other Than Spanish
According to the NCCC (Natural Center for Culture Competence), there are three different benefits that arise from the improved communication and cultural understanding that is offered by drug rehabs focusing on speakers of foreign languages other than Spanish. These benefits include:
- They create rewarding bonds between clients and care providers
- They improve overall outcomes and success
- They increase the overall rates of satisfaction with the program
Even though you speak languages other than Spanish, it is vital that you remember that addiction works in the same way irrespective of your native language. To this end, you should be as involved in your treatment as you possibly can. This is the only way your treatment is going to work better for you in the long term.
By enrolling into drug treatment programs for speakers of languages other than Spanish, therefore, you have a higher likelihood of feeling understood. These programs can set you at ease knowing that your cultural and social beliefs are not only respected but they are also recognized. Over time, you will be better able to develop the coping skills that can help you avoid abusing substances in the future.
In effect, most of these treatment programs are successful because they understand, respect, and embody the following aspects of cultural identity displayed by people who speak languages other than Spanish:
- Culture based belief systems about how addiction originates and progresses
- Health related needs that are specifically based on culture
- The practices, traditions, values, and beliefs of the culture
- Willingness and desire to seek treatment from people outside their culture or associated with foreign governments
Overall, if you can, you should look for a treatment program that is sensitive to more global ideas and which can easily recognize your world view and use it to improve your rehabilitation programming and outcomes as a non-English speaker.
Why Treatment For Speakers Of Languages Other Than Spanish Works
Since your primary language isn't English, it is highly likely that you might be from a different culture that might not share the same views and opinions on scientific treatment and Western medicine.
As a direct result, you are highly likely to respond to addiction treatment in a variety of ways. Some of the factors that could improve the rates of success at a treatment facility for people who speak languages other than Spanish include but are not limited to:
- Coping methods
- Social support system
- Treatment setting
- Views on drug and alcohol abuse, particular with regards to feelings of shame and stigma
- Willingness to seek and accept treatment
Over and above everything, therefore, your chances of success will largely depend on the ability of your treatment provider to offer you the effective care that would work best for a non-English speaker.
Languages other than Spanish by State
Select a State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance