Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-877-275-7054. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
Long Term Alcohol And Drug Rehab Programs
Drug and alcohol addiction is a debilitating and chronic condition that typically cannot be conquered simply by stopping your use of drugs or alcohol. The best way to overcome it is through focused professional treatment and care based on evidence, such as through long term drug rehab centers.
Most of these centers take place from anywhere between 90 and 180 days - or even longer. These programs offer structured and intensive treatment. Once completed, clients will have gained all the skills necessary to be able to ultimately maintain abstinence and start living their life free of intoxicating substances.
Understanding Long Term Drug And Alcohol Rehabilitation
NIDA (the National Institute on Drug Abuse) defines long term alcohol and drug treatment programs as any residential program that provides round the clock care for an extensive time period. The majority of of these centers, therefore, can last for about 3 to 12 months - and often longer - depending on your rate of recovery.
In one way or the other, these long-term facilities also act as a home away from home for clients. As such, they allow the vulnerable clients a period of recovery and solace between living alone (without any supervision) and intensive therapies tightly controlled by drug and alcohol addiction experts, medics, counselors, nurses, and doctors.
The best type of long term residential treatment is offered through a therapeutic community. Through this community, you will discover how to deal with your disorder while interacting with others who are also addressing their own issues.
That said, long term drug treatment centers may also mandate that you share a home with other patients while others have apartments in a single shared space. Yet others are provided through a residential rehab facility that might also cater to short term patients.
Overall, these facilities tend to vary broadly from one to another. Whereas some might offer you with 8 hours of therapy every week and focus 7 hours a day on structured activities, others might come with more or fewer activities.
Yet others might require you to follow the strict and structured set of rules, which upon failing to adhere to you may be asked to leave the community while some tend to be more lenient and could allow you to continue working and leave to spend time with friends and family.
Who Needs Long Term Drug And Alcohol Rehab?
Although long term drug rehabilitation facilities work well for some patients, others might not necessarily benefit from this format of rehab. These include recovering addicts who feel uncomfortable, want to go home, feel the need to focus more on work, or simply cannot come up with the money to pay for long term treatment.
Some of the clients who are more likely to benefit from this type of rehab include:
- Individuals who are mandated legally into one of these programs, failure to which they would be jailed or imprisoned
- Those who are motivated to recover and ultimately resolve their addiction
- Individuals who want to have the greatest chance of a successful long-term recovery
That said, long term alcohol and drug rehab centers work by trying to eliminate the likelihood of a relapse. Although short term treatment might work for certain people, others need to be involved with long term residential treatment. These include patients with an extensive drug abuse history as well as individuals who have attempted less comprehensive treatment but have resulted in relapse.
That said, you might benefit from long term alcohol and drug rehabilitation if:
- You reside in a neighborhood or home where you might be tempted to begin using drugs or drinking alcohol again
- You do not know how to structure your days without using drugs/abusing alcohol
- There is a mental illness issue as well as a substance abuse issue
- You have relapsed after you completed your last treatment
- You have a been abusing substances for a significant duration of time.
How Long Term Drug And Alcohol Treatment Works
Since drug addiction to drugs/alcohol is a condition that will significantly affect your mental and physical health, using a single approach for treatment might not always work.
At times, therefore, it might be essential for you to seek full care from a long term drug treatment program. This could bolster your chances of successful recovery and sobriety for the long term.
To manage your addiction, avoid relapse, and deal with any mental health problems you have, you need to:
- Develop methods to manage your condition
- Identify all life issues that may cause a relapse or have mental health problems, and work through them
- Identify the impact the condition has had on your life
- Know the steps to be taken in case your symptoms re-emerge
- Understand the drug and alcohol addiction process as a resolvable concept
Even so, there are many other steps that are included in the above. Since you might take longer to benefit from the lessons than someone else, it is essential that you attend long term drug treatment. Through such a facility, you will get the support you need to eventually learn these lessons and proceed to successfully apply them in your day to day life.
Additionally, long term drug rehabilitation centers will provide you with intensive support over the long haul. This means individuals have a higher likelihood of laying the foundations for healing and abstinence once you leave the facility.
Through such a program, therefore, you will gain access to communities of specialists - including therapists and physicians as well as other people with related or similar situations. Additionally, you might be prescribed medications to deal with your addiction, such as Naloxone for helping with withdrawal.
By letting yourself to stay in the treatment facility longer, you might ensure that the treatment works. This way, when the time comes for you to leave the program, you will have a higher likelihood of overcoming any temptations and triggers, keeping yourself from relapsing, and eventually living a life free of intoxicating substances.
There are many different long term alcohol and drug rehabilitation centers out there. As such, it may be difficult to find the one that will most ideal meet your needs and requirements. Some of these centers also specialize in different areas while others cater to patients from specific gender, identity, sexual orientation, and age groups.
Overall, however, the main thing to keep in mind is that the majority of long term alcohol and drug rehabilitation centers tend to have relatively high success rates. This is because they offer highly effective detoxification and rehab and you will be mandated to spend a longer period receiving rehab.
Long Term Drug Treatment Programs by State
Select a State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance