Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-877-275-7054. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
Long Term Drug Rehabilitation Programs
Drug and alcohol addiction is a debilitating and chronic problem that characteristically cannot be resolved simply by discontinuing your use of alcohol or drugs. The most dependable way to conquer it is through focused professional treatment and care that is evidence based, such as through long term drug and alcohol treatment centers.
Most of these facilities take place from anywhere between 90 and 180 days - or even longer. These programs offer structured and intensive treatments. Once completed, clients will have gained all the skills necessary to be able to ultimately sustain sobriety and begin living their life free of intoxicating substances.
Understanding Long Term Alcohol And Drug Rehabilitation
NIDA (the National Institute on Drug Abuse) defines long term drug and alcohol rehab programs as any inpatient or residential facility that offers round the clock care for a long period of time. The majority of of these centers, therefore, can last for about 3 months to a year - and sometimes longer - depending on your rate of recovery.
In one way or the other, these long-term programs also act as a halfway house for clients. As such, they make it possible for the vulnerable clients a period of recovery and respite between living by themselves (without any supervision) and intensive treatments tightly controlled by drug addiction experts, medics, counselors, nurses, and physicians.
The most ideal type of long term residential rehabilitation is offered through a therapeutic community. In such a community, you will learn how to deal with your disorder while living amongst others who are also dealing with their own issues.
Having said that, long term alcohol and drug rehab centers may also require you to share a house with other clients while others have apartments in a single shared space. Yet others are offered through a residential treatment facility that may also cater to short term patients.
Overall, these facilities tend to vary broadly from one to another. Whereas some might provide you with 8 hours of therapy weekly and focus 7 hours a day on structured activities, others might have more or less activities.
Yet others might require you to abide by the strict and structured code of rules, which upon failing to adhere to you may be asked to leave the community whereas some tend to be more lenient and could allow you to continue working or spend some time with family and friends.
Who Needs Long Term Drug Treatment?
Although long term alcohol and drug rehab programs work well for some clients, others might not necessarily benefit from this format of treatment. These include recovering addicts who don't feel comfortable, wish to return home, feel the need to focus more on their career, or simply cannot come up with the money to cover long term rehab.
Some of the patients who may benefit from this mode of treatment include:
- Persons who are mandated by the law into one of these facilities, whereas failing to do so they would be jailed or imprisoned
- Individuals who truly want to recover and ultimately conquer their addiction
- Those who want to have the greatest chance of a successful long-term recovery
That said, long term alcohol and drug treatment centers work by trying to eliminate the likelihood of a relapse. Whereas short term rehab might work for some, others need to be involved more extensively with long term residential treatment. These include clients with an extensive drug abuse history as well as those who have attempted prior treatment but have resulted in relapse.
That said, you might benefit from long term drug and alcohol rehab if:
- You reside in a neighborhood or home where you might be tempted to start using drugs or drinking alcohol again
- You are unsure how to get through the day without using drugs/abusing alcohol
- There is a mental illness issue as well as a substance abuse problem
- You have relapsed after you finished your last treatment
- You have a been abusing alcohol and/or drugs for a significant duration of time.
How Long Term Alcohol And Drug Rehabilitation Works
Since drug and alcohol addiction to drugs/alcohol is a condition that will significantly affect your mental and physical health, using a single approach for rehabilitation might not always work.
At times, therefore, it might be essential for you to seek full care from a long term drug rehabilitation facility. This could bolster your chances of a full recovery and sobriety over the long haul.
To deal with your drug addiction, keep relapse from occurring, and address any mental health problems you have, you need to:
- Develop methods to manage your condition
- Pinpoint all life issues that may cause a relapse or have mental health problems, and work through them
- Identify the impact the condition has had on your life
- Pinpoint the steps you should take in case your symptoms re-emerge
- Understand the drug and alcohol addiction process as a solvable concept
Even so, there are many steps that are inclusive in the above. Since you might take longer to benefit from the lessons than another addict, it is essential that you attend long term alcohol and drug rehabilitation. Through such a program, you will receive the support you need to allow you to learn these lessons and proceed to successfully apply them in your day to day life.
Additionally, long term alcohol and drug treatment facilities will provide you with extensive support over the long haul. This means that you have a higher probability of laying the foundations for healing and abstinence once you leave the center.
Through such a facility, therefore, you will have access to pools of experts - including therapists and doctors as well as others with related or similar conditions. Additionally, you may be prescribed medications to address your drug addiction, such as Naloxone for managing withdrawal.
By letting yourself to stay in the treatment program longer, you might ensure that the treatment works. This way, when the time comes for you to leave the facility, you will have a higher likelihood of overcoming any temptations and triggers, staying clear of relapse, and eventually living completely drug free.
There are many different long term drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities out there. As such, it may be difficult to find the one that will best meet your needs and requirements. Some of these facilities also specialize in unique areas while others cater to clients from specific gender, identity, sexual orientation, and age groups.
Overall, however, the main thing to keep in mind is that most long term alcohol and drug treatment programs tend to have relatively high rates of success. This is because they offer highly effective detox and rehabilitation and you will be required to spend a longer period undergoing rehab.
Long Term Drug Treatment Programs by State
Select a State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance