Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-866-726-3478. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
Long Term Alcohol And Drug Rehabilitation Centers
Addiction is a debilitating and chronic condition that usually cannot be conquered simply by stopping your use of drugs or alcohol. The best way to overcome it is through specialized professional rehab and care based on evidence, such as through long term alcohol and drug rehabilitation programs.
Most of these programs take place from anywhere between 3 to 6 months - or even longer. These programs offer structured and intensive treatments. At the end of the stay, clients are in a better position to be able to ultimately sustain sobriety and begin getting back their life free of intoxicating substances.
Understanding Long Term Drug Treatment
NIDA (the National Institute on Drug Abuse) defines long term drug treatment centers as any inpatient program that offers 24 hour care for a long period of time. The majority of of these centers, therefore, can last for about 3 months to a year - and often longer - depending on your rate of recovery.
In some ways, these long-term programs also act as an intermediary home for clients. As such, they make it possible for the vulnerable clients a period of recovery and respite between living by themselves (without any supervision) and intensive treatments tightly overseen by addiction experts, medics, counselors, nurses, and physicians.
The best type of long term residential rehabilitation is offered through a therapeutic community. Through this community, you will learn how to manage your disorder while interacting with others who are also dealing with their own issues.
Having said that, long term drug treatment facilities might also require you to share a house with other patients while others have apartments in a single shared space. Yet others are offered through a residential rehab center that may also cater to short term clients.
Overall, these programs tend to vary widely from one to another. Whereas some may offer you with 8 hours of counseling weekly and focus 7 hours a day on structured activities, others may have more or less activities.
Yet others might require you to follow the strict and structured code of rules, which upon failing to follow you may be asked to leave the community while some tend to be more lenient and could allow you to continue working and spend some time with family and friends.
Who Needs Long Term Drug Treatment?
Although long term drug treatment facilities work well for some patients, others may not necessarily benefit from this format of rehabilitation. Examples of this could be recovering addicts who feel uncomfortable, want to go home, feel they should focus more on their career, or simply don't have the money to pay for long term rehabilitation.
Some of the patients who might benefit from this mode of rehabilitation include:
- Individuals who are mandated legally into one of these facilities, whereas failing to do so they would be jailed or imprisoned
- Individuals who truly want to recover and fully resolve their addiction
- Those who want to have the best chance of a successful long-term recovery
That said, long term drug treatment facilities work by trying to eliminate the likelihood of a relapse. Whereas short term treatment might work for certain people, others need to be involved with long term residential treatment. These include patients with a severe history of drug addiction as well as individuals who have attempted less comprehensive treatment but have ended up relapsing.
That said, you might benefit from long term drug and alcohol rehabilitation if:
- You are from a stressful community or home where you might be tempted to start using drugs or drinking alcohol again
- You are unsure how to structure your days without using drugs/abusing alcohol
- There is a mental illness issue as well as a substance abuse problem
- You have relapsed after you finished your last treatment
- You have a been abusing alcohol and/or drugs for a long time.
How Long Term Drug Rehabilitation Works
Since drug addiction to drugs/alcohol is a condition that will significantly affect your mental and physical health, using a single approach for rehabilitation might not always work.
At times, therefore, it might be essential for you to seek full care from a long term drug rehab program. This could significantly increase your chances of a full recovery and sobriety over the long haul.
To deal with your addiction, keep relapse from occurring, and address any mental health issues you have, you need to:
- Develop ways to manage your condition
- Pinpoint all life issues that could cause you to relapse or have mental health issues, and work through them
- Pinpoint the impact the problem has had on your life
- Know the steps you should take in case your symptoms re-emerge
- Understand the addiction process as a solvable concept
Even so, there are many steps that are inclusive in the above. Since you may take longer to learn all the lessons than someone else, it is crucial that you attend long term alcohol and drug rehab. Through such a center, you will receive the support you need to allow you to learn these lessons and proceed to successfully apply them in your every day life.
Additionally, long term alcohol and drug rehab centers will provide you with extensive support over the long haul. This means that you have a higher probability of laying the bedrock for healing and sobriety once you leave the program.
Through such a center, therefore, you will have access to communities of experts - including therapists and doctors as well as other people with related or similar conditions. Additionally, you might be prescribed medications to deal with your addiction, such as Naloxone for helping with withdrawal.
By letting yourself to stay in the rehab program longer, you might ensure that the treatment works. This way, when the time comes for you to leave the center, you will have a higher likelihood of overcoming any temptations and triggers, staying clear of relapse, and eventually living a life free of intoxicating substances.
There are many different long term alcohol and drug rehab programs out there. As such, you might have a difficult time finding one that will most ideal meet your needs and requirements. Some of these facilities also specialize in different areas while others cater to patients from specific gender, identity, sexual orientation, and age groups.
Overall, however, the main thing to keep in mind is that the majority of long term alcohol and drug rehabilitation centers tend to have relatively high success rates. This is because they provide highly effective detox and rehabilitation and you will be required to spend a longer period undergoing treatment.
Long Term Drug Treatment Programs by State
Select a State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance