Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-877-275-7054. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Methadone Treatment Programs
Methadone Rehabilitation Centers
Methadone treatment programs offer medication based treatment for individuals dependent on opioid based substances, such as prescription painkillers and heroin. As a patient, you might receive methadone - or Dolophine, its brand name version - (an opioid analgesic) as a type of replacement treatment.
SAMHSA (the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) reports that methadone may be provided in wafer, pill, or liquid forms. It is commonly used to block the adverse symptoms of such opiate pain medications such as oxycodone, codeine, and morphine, along with other semi-synthetic opioids.
About Methadone Clinics
Even though methadone must be prescribed by a doctor, it is not typically used as a cure-all for dependence. Nonetheless, it may be useful in the rehabilitation and treatment process of a more comprehensive addiction rehabilitation program.
Every methadone clinic in America, where these programs are usually provided, is strictly overseen by federal and state laws. The treatments provide various effects and you may benefit from them as follows:
- Alleviation or reduction of the withdrawal symptoms that occur when you stop using opioids
- Blocking the symptoms of other illicit opioids
- Decrease in cravings for other opioids
- Alleviating your physical need for other opioids to ensure that you are finally able to function normally again
In 2011, SAMHSA also indicated that nearly a quarter of a million Americans were enrolled in an opiate rehabilitation program, with over half of them opting for detox and maintenance therapies. However, only about 22% of clients were receiving maintenance treatment. For those receiving rehab, methadone was a primary medication utilized.
In this case, if you are addicted to any substance in the opiate category of drugs, you may check into one of these methadone clinics - but only under the supervision and instruction of a doctor.
Who Needs Methadone Rehab?
Methadone is a legal medication used to suppress withdrawal symptoms from opiate drugs for 24 to 36 hours. Having said that, there are many reasons why you may want to enroll in a methadone rehab program. Such as:
- Seeking relief from the daily struggles stemming from opiate abuse and addiction
- Fulfilling the basic requirements of your drug treatment
- Dealing with drug cravings and withdrawal symptoms
For many methadone programs, upon your initial visit will have to undergo testing, during which you will communicate about your addiction to a nurse or treatment counselor.
While being screened, you will be questioned regarding your history. You might also be given urinalysis and/or blood tests and informed about the various rehab centers, their goals, and guidelines.
Your history of drug use, any co-occurring disorders, as well as the impact of your addiction on your life will also be questioned through a clinical evaluation while a more extensive health evaluation will consider your health history, overall condition, present requirements for medication, and current health.
In addiction, a lot of methadone treatment clinics also offer counseling sessions. The therapy offered will help you:
- Prevention of drug relapse
- Restore and rebuild professional and interpersonal relationships
- Cope with stress
The therapy might be for families, groups, or individuals. Additionally, the forms of therapy vary depending on your particular needs, circumstances, and preferences because some persons may stabilize faster than others.
How methadone treatment clinics Work
In all methadone treatment clinics, the medication must be provided by trained, registered, and licensed medical professionals and nurses. Clients are required to go to the clinic every day to receive their methadone dose, however in certain cases, some patients might receive doses to take home. This makes it possible for them to visit the clinic less frequently than the usual daily visit.
Since every client reacts to specific treatments and drugs differently, your care will be suitable for your specific needs and help the problems you are experiencing. The care will, however, not just be limited to your addiction.
Instead, the program might also focus on your work and family life, the ideal setting for rehabilitation, your functioning in society, along with what you need to continue being productive and functional. The other components of your methadone rehab protocol will include the duration and a variety of other requirements.
In a lot of cases, methadone treatment clinics hardly ever just address the drug abuse problem only. This is because you might have legal, work related, medical, and social issues that also need to be addressed. For instance, you may have a dual diagnoses - such as a psychological or mental health issue - that should also be controlled to ensure a more healthy and more productive life for you.
After the evaluation of your health and history, the rehabilitation will begin. Some of the basic treatment choices suggested include:
Medication assisted rehab (or MAT) is typically used in a lot of methadone programs. Apart from the methadone, you might also be administered naltrexone, buprenorphine, and Vivitrol to manage drug cravings, reduce withdrawal, and taper you off your dependence.
The program may also incorporate cognitive behavioral therapy to address the unique expectations and behaviors that go along with your addiction and help you develop better coping skills. CBT is also helpful in handling drug cravings and offsetting stress factors that often cause individuals to abuse intoxicating substances.
Safety Precautions For Methadone Treatment
Most methadone clinics will recommend that you:
- Are cautious while operating machinery or driving
- Avoid consuming alcohol while on the medication
- Get in touch with emergency medical services is overdosing
- Keep the methadone away from all sources of light
- Store your medications at room temperature
Methadone treatment clinics can be helpful to reduce the damage that comes with opiate addiction, however, methadone is a strong narcotic opiate in itself and dependence will usually develop. Yet, by following the programs strict rules and protocols, many people are able to restore normalcy in their lives. Methadone clinics are also more affordable than other alternative methods since your pricing might be calculated based on your income.
Methadone Treatment Programs by State
Select a State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance