Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-877-275-7054. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
Short Term Drug And Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers
Every day, millions of individuals abuse drugs and alcohol for various reasons. Whether you do this as a result of stress, emotional pain, physical ailments, or simply for the pleasure that comes from these drugs, it is quite possible that you might eventually require substance abuse recovery from a short term drug rehab center.
Understanding Short Term Alcohol And Drug Treatment Facilities
Most short term alcohol and drug rehab centers - which are also referred to as short term residential programs - provide addiction recovery services for a short time period. As such, they can help you address your alcohol or substance abuse with a number of intensive therapies and recovery services within a short time-frame - typically fourteen to twenty-eight days.
As you take part in rehabilitation at one of these programs, you will usually be required to reside on site in the center. The rehabilitation may include detoxification to alleviate your withdrawal symptoms, which is often overseen by doctors and other medical addiction treatment professionals. Detoxification can also require the use of prescription medications.
The main difference with short term drug treatment programs is that you won't have to commit to an extensive period of time. Meaning, they are meant for anyone who doesn't intend on enrolling in long term inpatient treatment, as well as for those without the health care coverage, money, or time to afford a longer stay at the facility.
Most of these facilities, however, come with a great deal of of the main components you would find in any other substance abuse recovery program. This means that they may focus on relapse prevention, group therapy, psychotherapy, and others.
Since therapy at short term drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities tends to be intensive in nature, you will be able to address most of the underlying causes of your drug and alcohol use disorder(s). Concurrently, you will learn new strategies and tools to enable you to gain the skills you require to manage your life in recovery and stay away from intoxicating drugs and alcohol.
However, short term drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers tend to be more effective when you combine your stay at one of these programs with other rehabilitation programs. For instance, you can finish short term rehab while following up with a sober living house and/or intensive outpatient treatment program.
Benefits Of Short Term Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
Since there isn't a universal path to full substance abuse recovery, you can find that there are many options available to help you overcome your substance use disorder. More particularly, short term drug treatment centers provide the following benefits:
- The short stay means that you have more time to continue addressing your responsibilities at work, home, or school
- Therapy tends to be intense and catered to fit your specific needs, requirements, and preferences
- Treatment is usually more affordable, particularly in comparison to staying at the treatment facility for the long term
- You may be able to face the underlying causes of your substance abuse
- You will be separated from the environments and circumstances that contain triggers for substance abuse.
- It will allow you to stay in a center where the focus is solely on your full recovery
Aside from the above, one other benefit you can get when you enroll into one of these facilities is that you will be connected to other individuals recovering from addiction. Apart from the support of your loved ones and friends - which is crucial for full recovery - you might also get to join a community. In turn, this will provide you with the understanding and support you require. The community could be made of former clients you became acquainted with at the short term treatment program or those you encounter after entering a 12 step recovery group.
Who Requires Short Term Alcohol And Drug Treatment Centers?
Even though no substance abuse rehabilitation program works universally, some individuals would benefit more from checking into short term drug and alcohol treatment programs. The centers offered are often ideal for anyone whose substance use disorder or addiction has not progressed to the level of extreme severity as well as individuals who haven't yet developed an addiction to substances that could potentially be worrisome as you undergo treatment for them - including benzodiazepines and alcohol.
As such, short term drug treatment centers work well if your substance abuse is relatively mild or new. Although, if you cannot commit to long term rehab, then these facilities could help you out. A few reasons why you might want to consider such a facility include:
- If you are not able to commit to extended leaves of absence from work (or any other responsibility)
- If you have family responsibilities you cannot get away from for too long
However, before the addiction professionals can determine whether short term alcohol and drug rehabilitation is the right option for you, they will look into and evaluate your condition. These professionals consist of therapy and medical healthcare experts.
Some of the questions you may want to ask before considering short term drug and alcohol rehab programs include:
- Are the treatment staff trained, experienced, and certified to treat various drug and alcohol use issues? Which disorders do they specialize in?
- Can I rely on the program to provide aftercare programs for ongoing assistance after rehab?
- Can the center confirm that it is accredited and offers qualified and licensed mental health and medical experts with its facilities?
- Can the treatment selections provided be specifically tailored to meet my needs?
- Does it offer treatment centers for specific groups such as men, LGBTQ+, teens, women, military veterans, the elderly, and so on?
- Does the center encourage family member and friends to participate in the recovery process?
- Which therapy options will be offered during my short term rehabilitation?
Even though addiction and substance use disorders are now classified as chronic neurological conditions, they can be treated. If you are chemically dependent, therefore, you may be able to regain your sobriety and reclaim your health by checking into short term drug rehabilitation centers.
The advantage with these facilities is that they offer short term rehabilitation. This means that you should be able to continue living your life, attending to your responsibilities, and keeping up with your social and professional life after you receive rehab - while at the same time trying to fight your addiction and any potential for relapse.
Short Term Drug Treatment Centers by State
Select a State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance