Looking for a drug rehab center? - Let us help you!
DrugRehabCenters.org is a free addiction treatment locator and placement resource.
Our treatment specialists have tremendous knowledge and experience and have access to a nationwide treatment database containing over 25,000 drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Call Us Now at: 1-866-726-3478. Our specialists can assess your overall situation and then provide you with corresponding treatment options that best fit your personal needs and provide the greatest potential for success.
We are dedicated to helping every addict or alcoholic get the treatment they need regardless of financial situation.
Don't wait! - CALL US NOW!
We can help you!
Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
Every day, millions of people abuse drugs and alcohol for different reasons. Whether you do this as a result of stress, emotional pain, physical pain, or simply for the pleasurable effects that you derive from these substances, it is quite possible that you may eventually need addiction rehabilitation at short term drug treatment centers.
Understanding Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
Most short term drug treatment centers - which are also referred to as short term residential facilities - provide addiction treatment for a short duration of time. As such, they can help you address your alcohol or substance abuse with a variety of intensive therapies and treatments within a short timeframe - typically 14 to 28 days.
As you undergo treatment at one of these centers, you will usually be required to live on site in the facility. The treatment might include detox to manage your withdrawal symptoms, which is often monitored by doctors and other medical and addiction treatment professionals. Detox might also require the use medications.
The main difference with short term drug treatment centers is that you won't have to commit yourself for a long time. This means that they are ideal for anyone who doesn't want or can't enroll in long term inpatient treatment, as well as for those without the health care coverage, finances, or time to afford a longer stay at the facility.
Most of these programs, however, come with many of the core components you would find in any other addiction treatment program. This means that they might focus on relapse prevention, group counseling, psychotherapy, and more.
Since therapy at short term drug treatment centers tends to be intensive nature, you will get the opportunity to address most of the root causes of your substance use disorder(s). At the same time, you will learn new strategies and tools to enable you gain the skills you need to manage your life in recovery and keep away from intoxicating substances.
However, short term drug treatment centers tend to be more effective when you combine your stay at one of these facilities with other rehabilitation programs. For instance, you can complete short term treatment while following up with a sober living house and/or intensive outpatient treatment program.
Benefits Of Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
Since there isn't a universal path to full addiction recovery, you might find that there are many options available to help you overcome your substance use disorder. More particularly, short term drug treatment centers provide the following benefits:
- The short stay means that you have more time to continue taking care of your responsibilities at work, home, or school
- The therapies tend to be intense and highly customized to fit your specific needs, requirements, and preferences
- Treatment is usually more affordable, particularly in comparison to staying at the rehab facility for the long term
- You might be able to face the root causes of your addiction
- You will be separated from the environments and conditions that contain triggers for addiction and substance abuse
- You will get the opportunity to stay in a facility where the focus is solely on your full recovery
Apart from the above, one other benefit you may get when you enroll into one of these centers is that you will be connected to other people recovering from addiction. Apart from the support of your family members and friends - which is crucial for full recovery - you might also get to join a community. This could potentially provide you with the understanding and support you need. The community could be made of former patients you met at the short term drug treatment center or those you encounter after entering a 12 step recovery group.
Who Needs Short Term Drug Treatment Centers?
Although no substance abuse treatment program works universally, some people would benefit more from checking into short term drug treatment centers. The programs offered tend to be optimal for anyone whose substance use disorder or addiction has not progress to the level of extreme severity as well as those who have not developed an addiction to substances that could potentially be dangerous as you undergo treatment for them - including benzodiazepines and alcohol.
As such, short term drug treatment centers work well if your addiction is relatively mild or new. On the other hand, if you cannot commit to long term rehabilitation, then these centers could help you out. Some reasons why you might want to consider such a program include:
- If you are unable to take extended leaves of absence from your job (or any other responsibility)
- If you have family obligations you cannot get away from for too long
However, before the addiction professionals can determine whether short term drug treatment is right option for you, they will assess and evaluate your condition. These professionals include counseling and medical healthcare experts.
Some of the questions you might want to ask before considering short term drug treatment centers include:
- Are the staff members trained, experienced, and certified to treat various substance use disorders? Which types do they specialize in?
- Can I rely on the center to provide after-care programs for ongoing support after treatment?
- Can the center confirm that it is accredited and offers qualified and licensed mental health and medical experts with its programs?
- Can the treatment options provided be specifically tailored to meet my needs?
- Does it provide rehabilitation programs for specific groups - such as men, LBTQ+, teens, women, military veterans, the elderly, and so on?
- Does the facility encourage family members and friends to participate in the recovery process?
- Which therapy options will be provided during my short term treatment?
Even though addiction and substance use disorders are now classified as chronic neurological conditions, they can be treated. If you are chemically dependent, therefore, you may be able to regain your sobriety and reclaim your health by checking into short term drug treatment centers.
The advantage with these centers is that they provide short term rehabilitation. This means that you should be able to continue living your life, meeting your responsibilities, and keeping up with your social and professional life after you receive treatment - all the while trying to fight your addiction and any potential for relapse.
Short Term Drug Treatment Centers by State
Select a State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Make The Right Choice. Get Help Now.
Drug Rehab Categories
Select a treatment category:
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Health Services and Treatment
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers
- Methadone Treatment Programs
- Methadone Detox
- Transitional Living
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Day Programs
- Short Term Drug Treatment Centers
- Long Term Drug Treatment Programs
- Hospital Inpatient Programs
- Drug Treatment Centers For Teens and Adolescents
- Drug Rehabs for Dual Diagnosis Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For HIV and AIDS Clients
- Drug Treatment For Gays and Lesbians
- Drug Treatment For Senior Citizens
- Drug Treatment Centers For Pregnant Women
- Drug Treatment For Women
- Drug Rehab Programs For Women With Children
- Drug Rehab Centers For Men
- Drug Rehabs For DUI and DWI Offenders
- Drug Treatment Programs For Criminal Justice Clients
- Drug Treatment Programs For Hearing Impaired Clients
- Native American and Alaskan Native Languages
- Drug Treatment Centers For Spanish Speaking Clients
- Languages other than Spanish
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
- Drug Rehab Programs That Accept Medicare
- Drug Treatment Programs That Accept Private Health Insurance
- Drug Rehab Centers That Accept Military Insurance
- Self Pay Drug Treatment Programs
- Drug Rehab Centers With Sliding Scale Fees
- Drug Rehab Centers With Payment Assistance